5X9 Benroy $6500 ( Mid TN) SOLD

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

5X9 Benroy $6500 ( Mid TN) SOLD

Postby Dirtclod » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Trailer has been sold. Admins please remove

I have the itch to start a new teardrop but need to sell this one to make room in the garage. Its a 5X9 Benroy that I completed in the fall of 2017. We have really enjoyed this little teardrop and had it out maybe 6 times over the last year. We took it on several weeklong trips to the Smokies and everywhere we went people had to come see it. The red is a real head turner.

The entire build thread is documented right here on TNTTT

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68101&p=1204131&hilit=Dirtclod#p1204131

Specs are:
1420lbs light enough to be pulled by most anything
Custom trailer frame with 3500 lb Dexter EZ Lube axles
Trailer Brakes
Breakaway Switch
Baltic Birch and African Mahogany throughout
All wood Epoxy sealed
Aluminum Skin and Roof
3 Speed Fantastic Fan with Thermostat and Reverse
5000 BTU Air Conditioner
8 inch Spa Sensations Memory Foam Mattress - Very Comfortable
Progressive Dynamics PD4500 AC / DC Distribution panel with Intelligent Battery Charger
Group 27 Battery in Tongue Box
8 110V outlets (GFCI Protected)
12 V and USB Charging stations in Galley and inside.

This thing was built right and no expense spared and it shows. No disappointments here.

PM me here for more details or my phone number, I love to talk about it and show it off.

Mike
Last edited by Dirtclod on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Re: 5X9 Benroy $6500 ( Mid TN)

Postby Tube999 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 am

Nice looking trailer. What size are the tires? What size are the frame members? Is there enough structure to add roof racks without any problem? I am just down the road a bit (off 840) and may want to look at it. Thanks.
Tube999
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 5X9 Benroy $6500 ( Mid TN)

Postby Dirtclod » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks Tube999

205-75/R15 inch true trailer tires. I had BJ trailers in Lebanon build the trailer frame. It is their TLC "B" model without the sides, floor and gate and built at 9 foot long instead of 10. I also had them add trailer brakes and breakaway switch when they built it.

http://www.bjtrailers.com/saTLCb.html

Specs from their page
3,500 lb Axle
•2" x 3" x 11 Gauge Tube A-Frame Tongue
•2" x 2" x 11 Gauge Tube Top Rail
•2" x 2"x 3/16" Angle Cross-Members ( I had them use 2x2X11 ga for all cross members instead of angle iron)

AFJ - A-Frame Jack

I had all intentions on putting a roof rack on when I built it. I just never found one that I liked and my welding skills are not that great so it just never happened. It would support a roof rack for sure .. with limitations of course .. I wouldn't load 500 lbs up there but would hold a kayak or bicycles for sure.

We are in White Bluff and would love to show it off to you. I will PM you my number.
Dirtclod
Teardrop Master

Return to For Sale/Wanted