Ultralight for sale...

Have a teardrop or a trailer for sale? Need one? Post here...

Ultralight for sale...

Postby mikeschn » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:12 pm

I'm planning on building the Ultralight starting this weekend... but I don't plan on keeping it... so is there anyone here that would rather buy than build? If so, you could buy the very first Ultralight...

Right now I'm in material selection mode... i.e. for the sides, I'm planning luan and pine, which looks like mahogany and pine... but if you want to buy the Ultralight, you can choose the materials... Maybe cherry instead of luan... maybe birch instead of pine...

The first Ultralight will be ready in 6 weeks, maybe sooner... plenty soon for this camping season...

If interested, please email me or PM me...

Thanks,

Mike...

Last edited by mikeschn on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby subtearanean » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:47 pm

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for one made of helium today....
subtearanean
Teardrop Master

Postby subtearanean » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 pm

And be aware...I donated to the cause. That gives me the ability to harrass with impunity.
subtearanean
Teardrop Master

Postby PaulC » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:07 pm

Mike, you posted elsewhere that sub may have an attitude tonite. Just spotted this and I think you may be correct :D Funny attitude but attitude all the same :lol:
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby subtearanean » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 am

Alright.....I'll be good from now on. Or I'll try.

Your CAD looks a lot like what I've been trying to accomplish. I have been somewhat lax in my attention to the build for almost a year now (actually, it'll be a year tomorrow since I last touched a tool to it).

Here's a pic. It's going to be skinned with 1/4 ply, insulation will be done in an Elvis style black naugahyde over foam with buttons. These will fit inside the "cavities" of the skeleton, more than likely using velcro to attach.

My back will be a little different than what you have pictured. I've got planned a work surface that will slide into the tear, exposing storage in the ass end. The work surface will be able to pull out of the tear a foot or so also, giving more surface are for cooking etc. Confusing to try to explain, I'll see if I can Photoshop up something, or mock it up in the actual skeleton.
subtearanean
Teardrop Master

Postby Boodro » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:34 pm

Hey Sub , is that your tow vehicle drawn on the white board???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Sure save on gas!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

I'm interested -- maybe

Postby happymama58 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 pm

I'm looking for a teardrop and would be interested -- if it's within my budget, that is. How much will you be selling it for? tia
happymama58
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PaulC » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:42 pm

Welcome aboard happymama, Mike sure knows how to drag you newbies out of the woodwork. Hang around for a while and, if you do a deal with Mike, let all of us know about your adventures.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

ultralight

Postby wflyduties » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 pm

I am interested also.
No I have not started anything yet. Had some...... :( :cry: :? difficulties. :O moving to another place etc. Still in Iowa!!!!! Just to Nashua.
Hello
Carla
Have moved to Arkansas. Have some 7-8 acres of land with pond and creek, spring fed, and looking for ideas what to use it for. Campgroung? Raising animals? Something. Any ideas? Also find me on hotmail.com
wflyduties
Teardrop Inspector

Return to For Sale/Wanted