Roll Call!!!

Camping in Ontario & Quebec and the Central Canadian Chapter of TearJerkers

Postby TPMcGinty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:50 pm

If you got close to Minnesota with one of your get togethers, I would possibly make the trip into Canada. I'd have to figure out if I needed a passport yet.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby demtears » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 pm

I live in Sarnia, Ontario, with a partial teardrop build, we have a party of four in are family my wife, myself, my daughter and a Rotti. We purchased a 77 Boler, camped with it for a couple of seasons and have just recently sold it as of (Aug21/09). We had some likes and dislikes with the Boler all said and done we still enjoyed camping with it but would like to build and try out the teardrop which I believe would be more comfortable. My teardrop was or eventually will be in between a Modernair and a cabin car I have the profile and most of the parts to build it complete with the trailer frame with torsion suspension
:thumbsup:
Last edited by demtears on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby jmullan99 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 am

demtears wrote:I live in Sarnia, ontario with a partial teardrop build, we have a party of four in are family my wife, myself, my daughter and just got a new Rotti pup in February. Even though I want to continue with the teardrop build we decided it would be a little to crowded for the four of us and purchased a 77 boler. My teardrop was or eventually will be in between a modernair and a cabin car I have the profile and most of the parts to build it complete with the trailer frame with torsion suspension and would like to build and camp with the teardrop when it would be just the wife and myself. I like the boler and it has a bit more room and I can stand up in it but it still isn't a teardrop and I sure like those little campers!

Welcome Demtears. Boler or Teardrop, an Ontario gathering of Tear owners or enthusiats is valid either way!

I have not seen much response, but many may just not be monitoring this thread and do not get email notification.

Perhaps we'll have to send some PMs, if that is appropriate. Hmmmmm.
jmullan99
Teardrop Builder

Postby demtears » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:35 am

jmullan99 wrote:
demtears wrote:I live in Sarnia, ontario with a partial teardrop build, we have a party of four in are family my wife, myself, my daughter and just got a new Rotti pup in February. Even though I want to continue with the teardrop build we decided it would be a little to crowded for the four of us and purchased a 77 boler. My teardrop was or eventually will be in between a modernair and a cabin car I have the profile and most of the parts to build it complete with the trailer frame with torsion suspension and would like to build and camp with the teardrop when it would be just the wife and myself. I like the boler and it has a bit more room and I can stand up in it but it still isn't a teardrop and I sure like those little campers!

Welcome Demtears. Boler or Teardrop, an Ontario gathering of Tear owners or enthusiats is valid either way!

I have not seen much response, but many may just not be monitoring this thread and do not get email notification.

Perhaps we'll have to send some PMs, if that is appropriate. Hmmmmm.
No problem, and in are neck of the woods if any are traveling this way or through these parts we do have a nice Provincial Park that we frequently visit called the Pinery's located on the shores of Lake Huron. A very nice park with many hiking trails,biking trails,and a nice beach to relax on. The park is also located just a few minutes from Grand Bend your typical beach town with the main strip or road that brings you through all the towns shops right down to the beach that has a parking area. Maybe this is old news and you have been here but here is a link http://www.ontarioparks.com/ENGLISH/pine.html
http://www.grandbend.com/ :thumbsup:
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

RollCall!!!

Postby charles » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Darrin my wife Bonita and I are at the pinery often 8 times last fall 3 times this sping now we stay away till sept then most likely every other weekend till snow starts WE LIKE ARE FALL CAMPING TRIPS mybe will see you there sometime . charles :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
charles
Teardrop Inspector

Re: RollCall!!!

Postby demtears » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 pm

charles wrote:Darrin my wife Bonita and I are at the pinery often 8 times last fall 3 times this sping now we stay away till sept then most likely every other weekend till snow starts WE LIKE ARE FALL CAMPING TRIPS mybe will see you there sometime . charles :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For sure, we love fall camping also the fall weather here has been great I would love to check out your tear, we where just checking out availability at the Pinery's for some upcoming weekends but it seems like they are reserved. We will keep an eye for cancellations and will probably spend a few days during the week days over the summer. My family and some very close friends started doing an annual Thankgiving feast at the Pinery's about three years ago where I deep fry a turkey and I tell you you could not sit down at any table and have the feast like we do, and to be camping its a blast. I couldn't believe last year we spent most of the time at the beach swimming. If you do go to the Pinery's Thanksgiving drop me a line you will be more then welcome to sit down with us for a great meal. :thumbsup:

http://lucky77boler.blogspot.com/
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby jmullan99 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:26 am

Hmmmm. I've never been myself. Sounds like a place I need to visit this summer. Weekdays as well it would seem.
jmullan99
Teardrop Builder

Postby Canuck » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:57 am

Steve & Florence... Blenheim Ontario
Have Great Canada Day

I do have a suggestion for a gathering
How bout the flea market in Barrie held in June and September each year
Canuck
Teardrop Builder

Postby demtears » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:53 pm

HAPPY B-DAY CANADA! THE GOOD OLD RED&WHITE FN EH! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby jmullan99 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:52 pm

Canuck wrote:Steve & Florence... Blenheim Ontario
Have Great Canada Day

I do have a suggestion for a gathering
How bout the flea market in Barrie held in June and September each year

Do you have more details?
jmullan99
Teardrop Builder

Postby Canuck » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:04 pm

I Dont have any details,, other then the website
its mostly auto related.. but has pretty much something for everybody

http://www.burlscreek.com/content.xjp?id=48
Canuck
Teardrop Builder

Postby demtears » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:52 pm

No dogs are allowed at the park, which might dictate on who would be able to attend a gathering.
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby Micro469 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:04 pm

The Barrie site is in the middle of field.. no water to be seen. I'd rather go to Sand banks or Presquille near the lake.. much nicer.. Near Trenton.

John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

Postby charles » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Hello John Looks like you put the BALL in play maybe time and place can be work out . Is presquille an ont, parks we have lots of nice ont. parks owensound, collingwood kincardine area would fit good this summer or fall. just kicking the ball. :thumbsup:

Charles
charles
Teardrop Inspector

Hey Fellow Teardropper

Postby Yoyoman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey All'

I hope to be operational with my tear by August.
I am actually planning to take it to the east coast first two weeks in August. I would not mind a gettogether in September.
Sorry I have not been monitoring this thread, but will check in more often.

Norbert
All grown-ups were children first.
(But few remember it).
by "The Little Prince"
Yoyoman
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Ontario & Quebec, Canada