A Special Announcement from Grant @ Li'l Bear/teardrops.net

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

A Special Announcement from Grant @ Li'l Bear/teardrops.net

Postby grant whipp » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:19 am

After almost 32 years of "Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers", I've decided to retire and essentially close down the business side of things! I coined and copyrighted the phrase "Life Moves A Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time" some 22 years ago, and I think it's about time we moved over an into the Slower Teardrop Time lane and just hit cruise control ... ;) ...!

"Retirement" has been on the horizon and in the planning stages for a while now, but recent events have come together to expedite the event! First, I became a great-grandfather last summer, and I have yet to see & hold that sweet & precious little great-grandaughter ... and I read somewhere that great-grandfathers aren't supposed to have jobs! Second, my 92-year-old father & mentor is in rapidly declining health, and I just can't bring myself to "hire out" his care ... he has encouraged & supported & been a silent partner with me for all these years, and he deserves the same from me! Third, I hit 62 last year and filed for Social Security the first thing in January ... 'nuf said! Fourth, I want & need to spend more time with Kay doing the things that make us happy, not being a slave to our computers and tied to "working hours of business", and enjoying what we both have worked so hard for before we're too old & crippled to be able to! There are many, many more reasons, but I think you get the point ... ;) ...!

Oh, we will still be very active in the lifestyle, supporting & promoting, and offering tips & advice anywhere and anytime we can ... you can't get rid of us that easily ... ;) ...! And because I still have the exclusive rights to market on the "Better-than-Hurricane" 0-offset Galley Lid Hinge, I still own the molds for all those fiberglass fenders, I still have a bunch of those custom Tail-light Brackets, and I'm still the only source for certain moldings and Drip Caps, I'll still be available to sell those items ... it will just be at a more leisurely pace! An all-new website will be up soon at http://www.teardrops.net that will have lots more info as well as the list of services that we will continue providing.

In the meantime ... Thank you! for all your past patronage ... it has been an honor and a privilege and a source of so much enjoyment (along with the challenges) to be involved in, and have a hand in shaping & promoting, what has been, is, and will continue to be, what I think is one of the most satisfying lifestyles going! We WILL be seeing you, here & there, 'round & about!

Continued Good Luck in all that you do, and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant Whipp & Kay (soon-to-be Whipp) Cortapassi ...!
Last edited by grant whipp on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Re: A Special Announcement from Grand @ Li'l Bear/teardrops.

Postby asianflava » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 am

Good Luck! Now you can take some time to relax.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Vedette » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:27 am

Way to go!
Happy Retirement!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
See you at the Dam!
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 am

Oh, and forgot to tell you that Ted Horfer is here at the Farm with us for the full moon and to help with Kermit today.
Ted says Hi.........and says that now you might be able to attend the "Farm Gathering"?????/ ;)
He will be travelling with us to the Dan, and just an hour ago he said we should stop in at your shop on our way thru Redding ( we will be coming in from McArther Burney MP) :thinking:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: A Special Announcement from Grant @ Li'l Bear/teardrops.

Postby aggie79 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 am

Grant,
My wife and I are happy for you. Our goal is to retire at 62 also while hopefully we can still be active physically to camp, hike and bike. Congrats to y'all!
Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby len19070 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:50 am

To my Fellow "Grey Beard" I've looked in that mirror and came to the same conclusion.

Good Luck with all your future endeavors and travels.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby kayakdlk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:59 am

Congratulations, and enjoy retirement. Thanks for all of the parts and information you provided during my build. Perhaps will will cross paths on a camping event one day

Dan
kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Postby JuneBug » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:14 am

Congrats on your pending retirement. It is a sweet time of life (from one who knows).
"The large print giveth; the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
JuneBug
Donating Member

Postby kirkman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:30 am

Way to go Grant ! :thumbsup: :beer:
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." -- Dalai Lama XIV
kirkman
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:48 am

Kay,

Congratulations, you've done it! :thumbsup:

Grant, :beautiful:
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:26 am

Congratulations. What a wonderful time of life for you and your family.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help, resources, encouragement and inspiration you provided while I was building our trailer. Also, thank you for blazing the trail for all of us that followed.

Good luck with your new life, may it be all happy trails. Now...go and hold that baby.

Becky
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby coyote » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:16 pm

thank you for your help. Not just a sales supply, but info when i was jammed up. Good Luck coyote :thumbsup:
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby razorback » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:14 pm

WOW!!! Congratulations. Thanks for all the advice given during my construction which finished in 2007. You thought of so many things that helped me make better decisions
of what to purchase for my TD. I got my windows, fantastic fan, hinge, and assorted moldings from you. I was honored to get to shake your hand at last summers Pamplin Grove Gatheing. Now with some extra time maybe you will build a copy of my folding chair that you took so many pictures of.
Best regards...
Larry and Macy
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby deleted » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Family first... I respect and appreciate that a lot :thumbsup:

Enjoy your retirement! At least you won't be like the people who don't know what to do with themselves, in fact it sounds like you're going to be busier than most people who are still working! Best wishes to you and Kay and hope to meet up with you both again someday where there are tiny trailers and kind hearted people sitting around a campfire or meadow.
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Best Wishes for a happy and adventurous retirement! May it be all that you have envisioned. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Next

Return to General Discussion