Painting over Flex Seal

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Painting over Flex Seal

Postby Dahlia47 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

I havent found much info on dyeing the flex seal paint. Cant paint over it. I contacted flex seal and cant add dye. Or can I? Has anyone tried it? I know there are flex seal colored spray paints. But they are expensive as well. And with inflation...cough cough...the price has gone up considerably. Flex seal has worked so good, I dont want to use another paint or rubber paint. Every 2 yrs I give it a coat. This is the year I need to give it another coat. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

A bit of an update!!!

I just finished my midterms!!! 3 B's!!! I thought I did worse!!!
I promised myself I would start a new project after I graduated! I am looking for a boat! So I am taking my time. I am very excited to start my new project! One thing it MUST have...a cubby. Along with a sail and a motor. I have plans to use it on the lake, deep rivers and hugging the coast. Nothing too far out from the coast.

I have so enjoyed my TTT. We take it out a lot more than I ever thought we would. Lately...once a month. Just to get out. I got a new mattress. The 4" fancy mattress solved the problems of being able to handle the mattress on my own. I was concerned about the weight we need at the front of the TTT to keep it from swaying. So in place of the weight from the old mattress (the old futon mattress was very heavy), we use the spare tires for the TTT. And the new mattress is way lighter and softer. SO much easier to handle on my own. I dont have to worry about my back anymore. The memory foam is way more comfy to sleep on too! So now I dont have to rebuild the bed! TTT is done ....maybe...LOL!
So I have found a couple of boats fitting my needs. I have a couple months till I finish school. Gives me some more time to research. Very excited!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: Painting over Flex Seal

Postby saywhatthat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

no. next time use rustoleum rust flex is a ripoff crap
Il suffit de le faire
fast, cheap, fiberglass/ foam stressed skin panels
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73945

Build 4.5 by 8' using Trailtop fiberglass Components
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=70729
saywhatthat