Let The Games Begin!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby SteveH » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:33 pm

Lenny,

Looks good. I didn't think of mounting the axle outboard of the frame, but that looks good.

I've fabricated the bottom angle pieces (cut to length, drilled holes, and welded in nuts), and tack welded them to the frame side pieces, and all is well. I want to get those two side pieces done before I start welding up the rest of the frame because if it doesn't work out, I won't have waisted it all.

Keep looking at the 2000 pound axle and thinging....man I'd hate to see a 3500 pounder! This thing is big, but it has 2000 pound stamped in the side of it. Didn't know it came with them, but brake flanges are also included. :roll:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Frame

Postby SteveH » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:02 pm

Well, the fabrication and welding of the frame is complete. I still need to dress the welds, clean and paint. Pictures in my gallery.

By the way, the axel mounting method I planned worked out well.
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41a01ad8za249cd47/77c5/__sr_/467b.jpg?phaeWoBBgOfdVK0U
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:35 pm

Finally got some good weather here this weekend and I was able to get the frame completed and painted. Pictures are in my gallery. Now, I can start buiding! :twisted:

Or.....maybe I should take some time and finish those plans. :oops:
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:48 pm

Steve, thats a right good lookin puppy you built there..now the real fun begins..build on, young Jedi. :thumbsup:
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:17 am

Oh, you are useing 2x2x1/4" ANGLE, I thought you said earlier that you were useing 2x2x1/4" TUBING for the frame. That's why I could not understand your 200# weight. Anyway, it looks great. Maybe the weather will hold for a few days.
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:20 pm

SteveH wrote:Finally got some good weather here this weekend and I was able to get the frame completed and painted. Pictures are in my gallery. Now, I can start buiding! :twisted:

Or.....maybe I should take some time and finish those plans. :oops:

Steve,
that is one good looking frame. :applause:
It was good to see the sun again these past few days too bad I had to waste it on one other project I had to finish (a tile shower) and not tear construction LOL.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:52 pm

Thanks Jim, D., and Steven,

Assembled the floor today and sealed with roofing tar. Boy is that some nice stuff to work with! :? If you inhale it too long it makes you want to puke! Picture is in the gallery.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:15 pm

Made some progress this weekend....got the walls up.

Picture in my gallery and also here:
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41a01ad8 ... BBC0JgYnB2
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:07 am

Got the "rafters" up yesterday. Picture in my gallery.

By the way, do most people put a ceiling liner and insulation over the inside storage area? I'm having trouble figureing out how to do that.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:17 am

SteveH,
if it opens to the outside, I don't think you have to worry about it but if it is in the occupied space that might be a trouble spot for the dreaded condensation. I hope this helps.
Steve J.

GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:34 am

Well, I've made a little more progress. The ceiling is in, with the exception of over the cabinets because I wanted to get them done and varnished on the inside before putting in the ceiling in that area. The front and rear cabinets are in with one coat of sealer varnish applied.

I decided to do the cabinets with birch plywood simular to the way Camp Inn does them....much easier and faster than building true cabinets and doors for them.

Pictures in my gallery and here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ash9970127/my_photos
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:58 am

Steve,
that looks great. :thumbsup:

I am starting to get the parts for the tear I have procured the tongue on Friday, and I am ordering the axle today. I will pick up the steel thursday. Here we go. :o
Steve J.

GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby D. Tillery » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:29 am

Hey you two Steves are putting the heat on me here in SA. I gotta get started. Steve H, I just could not get away this weekend. Maybe Wed or Thurs. Steve J, If you need any metalworking help let me know.

D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:35 pm

TRAIL-OF-TEARS wrote:SteveH,
if it opens to the outside, I don't think you have to worry about it but if it is in the occupied space that might be a trouble spot for the dreaded condensation. I hope this helps.

SteveJ,

Do you have a webpage or a photo album?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:31 pm

Steve J.

Go get 'em man!

D.

Any time you have time, just give me a call. No problem.

Mike,

My photo album is here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ash9970127/my_photos
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion