Let The Games Begin!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby mikeschn » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:24 pm

SteveH wrote:Mike,

My photo album is here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ash9970127/my_photos

Actually, I believe it's in the Hall of Fame!!! 8) :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby SteveH » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:59 pm

Mike,

Well, there you go...running down the neighborhood! :shock:

Hopefully someday soon it will look like something and will be an asset to the hall of fame and not an eyesore. :)
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:08 am

mikeschn wrote:
SteveJ,

Do you have a webpage or a photo album?

Mike...

Mike, I don't have anything to take pictures of. as soon as I do, I will start an album.

D. Tillery, Thanks for the offer, I just might need some pointers.

SteveH, There's no stopping now. I should start right after christmas. :twisted: When I finish the frame I might have to drag it by so you can take a look.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:29 pm

When I finish the frame I might have to drag it by so you can take a look.

SteveJ,

Do that, or give me a call and I'll come over there. The person that REALLY needs to look at it is D. Tillery....he's the experienced welder and can give some knowledgeable criticism. Been tring to get D. to come by and look at mine, but he's been too busy. I would really like to get someone that knows at least a little about steel and welding to look at my frame before I subject the traveling public to a hazard! :shock:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby D. Tillery » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:49 am

Yeah, I thought I was going to be able to get up there last weekend since my wife was away and I had a hall pass and all. Busy time of year for me, though, so I spent it at the shop. Something I can't get away with when she's here. I dropped off the last batch of the year at the powder coater Tues afternoon so I'm done for the year but now I have to head to East Texas for the Holidays.

Steve H, From the looks of the pics of your frame you don't need any metalworking advice. But I will certainly help with anything I can. The three of us should team up on an aluminum order out of Houston. We could have it delivered to the shop and split it up or store it there for awhile. Or zip out those side radii, windows and doors with the plasma cutter.

Happy Holidays, D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:09 pm

D.Tillery,
If we can get a better deal with a bulk purchase I am in. I just need to figure exactly how much I will need. As fast as SteveH is going we might need to order the aluminum soon.
Steve J.

GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:49 pm

D. and SteveJ.

Hey, I'm up for saving money on the aluminum shipping. Don't know exactly how much I'll need yet, but it won't be too long....I bought insulation today, but I want to varnish all the plywood for moisture resistance that will be under the roof before I install the skin.
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby SteveH » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:02 pm

Well, the galley is pretty much finished. Built it with some slide outs for the stove and ice box and with as much storage as possible. There are some new pictures in my gallery.

Getting close now...the hatch is also built, so.....the covering is next! :twisted:
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm

Very, Very, Very NICE!!!!!
:worship:

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby SteveH » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:40 am

Bev,

Thank you. I sort of designed the whole teardrop around how I wanted the galley. It's not as low as some in the back, sort of shaped simular to a Benroy, but shaped for more storage room. ;)
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Steve Frederick » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:50 am

Steve H,
Love the galley! I especially like those doors and drawers! Very clean! Can I steal the idea?? :twisted:
Very nice work!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby SteveH » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:59 am

Can I steal the idea??

Steve,

Hey, go for it, and thank you. If I had a way to post my drawings/plans, I'd do it. I tried using a downloaded CAD program, but didn't have the patience to learn it, so I drug out the old drawing board, some butcher paper, and got after it.

The cabinet doors in the galley and interior are plagerized from the Camp Inn. :D
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:50 am

SteveH wrote:
Can I steal the idea??

Steve,

Hey, go for it, and thank you. If I had a way to post my drawings/plans, I'd do it. I tried using a downloaded CAD program, but didn't have the patience to learn it, so I drug out the old drawing board, some butcher paper, and got after it.

The cabinet doors in the galley and interior are plagerized from the Camp Inn. :D

Hey Steve,
That looks great. If you want I can scan your drawings and put them in a tif, or pdf file and you can email them or even post them if you want. I need to come by and take a look at the progress.
Did you ever get the varnish problem solved. I hope so.
Steve J.

GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:02 am

If you want I can scan your drawings and put them in a tif, or pdf file and you can email them or even post them if you want.

Steve,

That would be great, and thanks. You are welcome to come by any time, just call first to make shure I'm here.

I haven't done any more varnishing...waiting for what I messed up to dry real good so I can sand it off. Guess this rainy weather would be good for that, huh?
SteveH
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Laredo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:19 pm

dang, that's gorgeous.

imagine that galley made out of mesquite.

hmm. mesquite. rafters/bows.

what did you decide about the varnish?
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion