T Handle

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

T Handle

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:45 pm

:D In my never ending quest to build on a budget I found T handle with lock and key at Leanard Truck Camper dealer for $10.00. Complete with bars and all only $30.00. Scored mine free with key off a damaged truck topper in the back of their yard. After pricing foam for bed I drove around and gathered cushions that were with discarded sofas around the area. Some cleaning and recovering and the price should be right. Sides and galley bulkhead done and framing inside cabinets now. I hear the beach calling me soon. AL G
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:22 pm

Seems like you either have the time or you have the money. It's obvious that you have the time to go looking for parts. I still have to work all day, so I gotta pay the price.

But in 20 years :scatter:, if I decide to build another one, I'll be looking for parts, same as you are doing. Of course, that may be the only way I can afford to build a teardrop.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:04 pm

I have the time and not much money. I love these things and wish I didn't have to count pennies. My shop is a wood deck with gray tarps over a frame and about 18 inches on each side of trailer to work. If I didn't have something to do I would go crazy. Use to do RC Airplanes and cars but the eyes and reflexes are not what they used to be. Wish I had had aTear when I was travelling around to go RC Flying. Would love to do a completely metal one as I am an old Army aviation crewchief/mechanic/machinistd but the tools are not available at this time. AL
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BufordT » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:43 am

Maybe not but you gave me an idea about where to go to get the handle I need for my next tear.

Thanks
Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Return to General Discussion