Privacy curtain/Awning

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Privacy curtain/Awning

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:40 pm

Was looking at Stainless 3/4 flush mount brackets at marine supply place. Looks like they would work nice for us. 2 straight on one side with a curved piece of tubing and you would have privacy screen. A couple of 45"s down low on frame and 2 15's on top with a few straight sections of tubing and you have frame for a canopy. Let you know how it works in a couple of weeks. Ideas? AL G
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby M. Olsen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:27 pm

I have thought of the same thing, but just haven't done any thing with it yet. Let us know how it turns out.
Mike Olsen - Rexburg, ID :^)
M. Olsen
Teardrop Master

Postby Joseph » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:00 am

I considered the same idea, but instead I found a cheap beach shelter that I plan to use as changing room and porta-potty shelter.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby beverlyt » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:26 am

Let me know how it goes too! I already have a privacy tent for showers/toilet... but it doesn't get me from here to there in privacy. It would be nice to step out into something to change one's clothes.
I would need lots of pics!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Joseph » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:01 am

beverlyt wrote:I already have a privacy tent for showers/toilet... but it doesn't get me from here to there in privacy.

That's what your jammies are for! :laughing5:

Actually, even at home my "jammies" are gym shorts and a t-shirt. Guess it comes from my Navy training - you never know when you're going to have to roll out of the rack so I always sleep "dressed."

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:32 am

Somewhere I saw a picture of a teardrop with a tent that attached to the door which added the ability to have the door open for air circulation without losing privacy. Has anyone seen or used these? I cannot find the website now. Or, what do you use?
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:04 pm

I think I have come up with a way to have screen doors that may be pretty simple as long as door isn't curved and that isn't even insurmountable. I have some leftover aluminum screen frames that I'm going to cut down and maybe a velcro hinge and latch. Just slide them under the mattress if not being used. Only about 3/8 inch thick. AL
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tdhombre » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:20 pm

Here are a couple of links that I have collected that might be useful:

http://www.tentsontrucks.com/index.html
http://www.pahaque.com/ (look under tents)
http://tents4teardrops.com/default.htm
http://www.altrec.com/shop/dir/0/73/ (check out the "toilet tent"
http://www.creativeshelters.com/ (if you want to make one)
http://www.zodi.com/accessories.html (check out the Zodi hut)

Mind you, what we are going to try out is just using a big (9 ft) patio umbrella just outside the door with a shower curtain attached around it. Don't know yet if it will work out, but we have one of those and would have to buy something else. :P

Good luck.......
tdhombre
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Joseph » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:41 am

Here's another one. Not as cheap as my first, but a bargain compared to most. I considered this one, but decided that the beach shelter was priced right, much lighter and looked a lot simpler to put up. I don't want to get into teardropping just to reinvent tent camping.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:51 am

I can relate to that statement. I didn't want to have to use a tent at all. That's why I am building a 6x10. Just back in and it's ready to use.

Of course, we're talking campground camping where there are bathrooms and showers.

I spent some time looking at teardrops with bathrooms and showers, and never really came up with anything clean that would work in a reasonable size.

So I guess if you are roughing it, you still need a bathroom/shower tent.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Joseph » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:18 am

Hey Mike,

mikeschn wrote:Of course, we're talking campground camping where there are bathrooms and showers.

Well, if they're available, of course I'd rather use "real" facilities - depending on their condition. I've seen some pretty nasty ones where I'd have been glad of my own porta-potty. :pottytrain5:

mikeschn wrote:So I guess if you are roughing it, you still need a bathroom/shower tent.

Actually, that's when I don't. Then I just need a small shovel and a convenient place to hang the shower - like one of those hooks on the galley hatch. :smileyinthejar:

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Return to General Discussion