Newbe

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Wild Mike » Mon May 17, 2004 9:49 am

Hey Guys & Girls

Mine is ending up to be 4x6'-10" ... but then I'm used to sleeping in a small tent too. :lol:

I should have some more photos up some time tomorrow. Got through a hectic weekend and can now get back to working on the tear.

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tdhombre » Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm

I agree with BufordT - my next one will be 4'X8' just to keep things simple. However, after saying that I might go in the other direction. I took a close look at the plans for the "Wild Goose" and am impressed with the ability to be able to WALK into the trailer. I do'no - sometimes it's confusing to have too many choices. ](*,)
tdhombre
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BufordT » Mon May 17, 2004 1:04 pm

Dave Klinzman wrote: I do'no - sometimes it's confusing to have too many choices. ](*,)

That's the biggest problem with all the profiles, ideas, examples of tears out there it's hard to make a decission on which one you really want to build.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Larry Messaros » Tue May 18, 2004 1:03 am

BufordT wrote:
Dave Klinzman wrote: I do'no - sometimes it's confusing to have too many choices. ](*,)

That's the biggest problem with all the profiles, ideas, examples of tears out there it's hard to make a decission on which one you really want to build.

Bufordt :twisted:

I agree with you guys to a point. The idea of having different options fits all of the different needs that are out there.

I like to compose a list of features and divide the list up into "must haves", "nice to have", and "pie in the sky" lists.

After the list, number the "must haves" starting with the most important. For example, if the most important is light weight, some options are just not possible. If cost is a significant factor, then material choices will change. Next work on fitting in the "nice to have" items. Then after that, dream up new ideas for improvements from your "pie in the sky" list. (Mine would be a portable hot tub and a home theatre system)

After you get down to your last items on the list, everything should fall into place (at least in concept) :)
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby engled » Tue May 18, 2004 8:50 am

(Mine would be a portable hot tub and a home theatre system) That's not as pie in the sky as you my think, I put in a home theater with all new equipment in ours for around $225.00 so I can only imagine what some one that could find used stuff could do it for.
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to General Discussion