Urgently need materials and cost lists

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

It went great

Postby Guy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:23 am

It went grrrreeaaat tonight thank you all for your supportive voices.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Laredo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:18 pm

Details, please?

I'm glad it went well.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:57 am

Guy... thanks for the compliments, but I think that you might want to do a basic unit first. Get these people interested in the building of the project, before you bury them on the details. A woody, finished similar to what I did on my boats is going to drive up the costs incredibly, as well as the time and tools required. Hey, you eat an elephant, one bite at at a time. You can build a tear relatively cheaply, depending on if you are scratch building a frame or buying a HF one. When you get into Woody treatments, you will easily add several hundreds of dollars to the project. I can't give you the exact numbers yet as I'm in the middle of mine. Honestly, on my boat " Daisy Too", there's 1K$ in materials in the exterior finish, and that doesn't count my time,or the tools required. I don't mean to discourage you but it might be to your advantage to get people enthused on the project to begin with then dazzle them with the options. It's like selling a car, sell them on the basic package, then offer the bells and whistles. Just my opinion, however,I certainly encourage your endevours... PS to anyone that wants to give me heat on this, I regularly give $$ to Vietnam vets, as I lost several friends there, as well as WW2 Vets, dad flew 30+ missions in a B17. Please provide me with some more information as I'd be willing to make a donation. doug hodder
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: It went great

Postby mikeschn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:26 am

Guy wrote:It went grrrreeaaat tonight thank you all for your supportive voices.

Hey Guy,

Can you give us more information. How would this work? Would it also include something like "Campgrounds for Vets" so that they have a place to camp for free?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion