The Caj-INN Build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Well I got all the components in the bulkhead installed and working. water tank plumbing finished and the outlets for 110, 12 volt and coax ran into the cabin. So tomorrow will be all about insulating the top for closing it in.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Well I got a lot done today, even thought it was like 92 with a heat index of 98 and humidity at 80% it was a H.O.T.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Wow, that looks great. Any trouble bending around the front curve? What kind of wood did you use?

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 am

bdosborn wrote:Wow, that looks great. Any trouble bending around the front curve? What kind of wood did you use?

Bruce

Bruce,
Yeah it was a little frustrating getting the curve.. I used 1/4 inch Luan due to the fact I couldn't find 1/8 Birch. I was going to use 1/4 birch but it just didn't feel as bendable in the store and it was twice as much in price. I figured since i was coving the top with aluminum it wouldn't make much difference what type of wood i used. My plan is to epoxy the side and paint them a royal blue.. I have never used Epoxy with a filler before but like the old saying goes (first time for everything) I just hope i don't screw it up to bad..
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Update

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Here is the last update for the hitch... Its back to work Wednesday so the progress is going to be placed on hold. And when I get home from work next time I will be going to have 4 wisdom teeth taken out. I'm not sure how much progress I will get done in august due to that and the heat. I do plan to have it on the road by October hopefully.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby jhjspecks » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 am

looks nice and don;t worry about the wisdom teeth. had mine cut out in March and I was good after about 3 days. little tricky with food for a few days though.
jhjspecks
Teardrop Builder

Postby dmckruit » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:19 pm

I really like your build. What are the dimensions of your trailer frame? You seem to have a lot of room for stuff behind your galley counters. Is it 8 ft?

I really like your idea with the PetCool. I think I will use your idea in my construction.

:applause:
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:45 pm

dmckruit wrote:I really like your build. What are the dimensions of your trailer frame? You seem to have a lot of room for stuff behind your galley counters. Is it 8 ft?

I really like your idea with the PetCool. I think I will use your idea in my construction.

:applause:

The TD is 11 foot 6 inches long by 5 foot 1 inch wide. I also cut down my bed area to only 78 inches. to gain a little more room in the bulkhead for all the stuff. I got the idea about the Petcool from SteveT's FishINN. It is well worth the money to have a quiet unit built in to the TD. When the pet cool is running its about as loud as my central unit in my house.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby planovet » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Eddielbs wrote:
dmckruit wrote:I really like your build. What are the dimensions of your trailer frame? You seem to have a lot of room for stuff behind your galley counters.

The TD is 11 foot 6 inches long by 5 foot 1 inch wide. I also cut down my bed area to only 78 inches. to gain a little more room in the bulkhead for all the stuff. I got the idea about the Petcool from SteveT's FishINN. It is well worth the money to have a quiet unit built in to the TD. When the pet cool is running its about as loud as my central unit in my house.

Ahhhh, now it makes sense. I was wondering how you had all that room in the galley. I was also wondering what I did wrong to not have as much. But mine is only 10' long and yours is a foot and a half longer. That 18" makes a BIG difference. Nice job!! :thumbsup:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby 01Sport » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Eddie, looks great. Can you tell me where you got your corner jacks from?
K.C.

Teardrop Name: Golden State Teardrop
01Sport
Teardrop Master

Postby Jim T » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Eddie,
Your trailer looks great. Thanks for posting all of the great pictures. It has helped me think through some issues for mine.
Jim
Jim T
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 am

01Sport wrote:Eddie, looks great. Can you tell me where you got your corner jacks from?

Here ya go I also got the Base pads that are linked on that page.

Jim T wrote:Eddie,
Your trailer looks great. Thanks for posting all of the great pictures. It has helped me think through some issues for mine.
Jim

Jim, No problem... I was secretly hoping someone out there was getting something out of the pictures. And it wasn't just killing bandwidth.. :thumbsup:
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:04 am

planovet wrote:Ahhhh, now it makes sense. I was wondering how you had all that room in the galley. I was also wondering what I did wrong to not have as much. But mine is only 10' long and yours is a foot and a half longer. That 18" makes a BIG difference. Nice job!! :thumbsup:

Its nice to finally have something longer than someone else's, Because all my life I have been the one feeling a little inadequate. :lol::oops::cry:
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby dmckruit » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:44 am

What did you do about the controls for your PetCool? Did you just cut an access hole in the back of the cabin to get to the controls, or did you rewire to a thermostat?
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 am

dmckruit wrote:What did you do about the controls for your PetCool? Did you just cut an access hole in the back of the cabin to get to the controls, or did you rewire to a thermostat?

So I had planned on running another thermostat to the inside, But due to the type of thermostat that the Petcool uses and the KISS rule i found it a lot easier to just cut a round 4inch hole to reach the controls from inside. And use a 4inch PVC test plug to fill the hole when not in use. I don't have any pictures of it yet because I have not cut or installed it.. Besides if you modify your petcool a lot I'm almost sure it would void the warranty, and if and when I needed to replace my unit the changes would just make replacing it more complicated.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion