The Caj-INN Build

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby planovet » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:42 am

Eddielbs wrote:Its nice to finally have something longer than someone else's, Because all my life I have been the one feeling a little inadequate. :lol::oops::cry:

Story of my life.... :cry:
ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby 01Sport » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

Here ya go I also got the Base pads that are linked on that page.

Thanks Eddie.
K.C.

Teardrop Name: Golden State Teardrop
01Sport
Teardrop Master

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Update... I got home on the 6th, had my wisdom teeth taken out on the 7th So i have not gotten much accomplished on the TD mainly because I was told not to get to hot for a few days so in Louisiana that translates to stay inside, Besides I'm not sure the pain meds. and power tools would mix well, so i been sitting around drinking soup and eating cottage cheese for 5 days now. Man! what i would give for a nice thick Steak hot off the grill. The problem with that is even if i could have one my jaws are so sore i couldn't chew the thing anyway. I hope I will be able to get back on my hatch construction in a day or two.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Had one quadrent of my teeth pulled and the Doc did 17 at one setting. I was dying for meat also and I was at a buddy's cookout. About a year prior he had had a bad motorcycle wreck and left a face print in the bumper of a chrysler newyorker. After they wired him back together everything was delivered thru a straw. He was laughing at me whining and offered me some BBQ'ed chicken I just glared. (This is the strange part )He assured me he was serious and proceded to pull it apart and came back with a blender and a carton of milk. He added just enough milk to get the meat to puree. Yes it was real good ! I wouldn't have believed it either but it was nice and warm and very flavorful. If ya just can't wait it an opition !!!!
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Eddielbs » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Got my hatch framed out today.
I may regret going with horizontal ribs later due to spring back but I have been preparing the skin i plan on using on the hatch like this..
I have wet it with hot water a few times today and plan on letting it set for a few days like this before installing it. Hopefully that will help with the problem.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby 01Sport » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:56 am

Looking good, can't wait to see the finished product.

And I like your choice of vehicles in the background :thumbsup:
K.C.

Teardrop Name: Golden State Teardrop
01Sport
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:33 pm

It's coming right along and looking sweet too!!

I am jealous though!!!! You have more tools to work with and actually a place to work in!!!

Looking forward to swapping build stories. It seems we may be neighbors at LCG (more or less....I'm in #9).
tinksdad
500 Club

Cool camper

Postby Breakinstuffzfun » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey Eddie that is a really good looking CJ and camper. I see from your pic & profile you are a JEEP guy also.

Here is a pic of my TJ.

Heath
Breakinstuffzfun
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm

tinksdad wrote:It's coming right along and looking sweet too!!

I am jealous though!!!! You have more tools to work with and actually a place to work in!!!

Looking forward to swapping build stories. It seems we may be neighbors at LCG (more or less....I'm in #9).

Cool I sure hope i get to make it. Work is still a problem for me because I work a funky 14 day on 14 day off schedule, and the LCG happens to fall on one of my weeks at work. I have a guy that said he will cover for me but its still kinda up in the air for now. I'm looking forward to sharing stories and a few drink.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Re: Cool camper

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Breakinstuffzfun wrote:Hey Eddie that is a really good looking CJ and camper. I see from your pic & profile you are a JEEP guy also.

Here is a pic of my TJ.

Heath

Yeah its a 82 CJ7 I have lots of mods some include a 4 speed Munchie granny tranny.. it still needs some TLC on the body but its a work in progress What part of Lafayette you from?? I live just outside Lafayette in Port Barre.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:05 pm

I noticed the CJ in the background too. Wow its the same year as mine. Mine has a 304 in it.

Eddie your tear is looking great.

Here's mine
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Sonetpro wrote:I noticed the CJ in the background too. Wow its the same year as mine. Mine has a 304 in it.

Eddie your tear is looking great.

Here's mine

Steve, I really hope to get to meet ya face to face and get a good look at the FishINN at the LCG III. Seeing as how it was the inspiration for my build. In fact its going to be a rush to see so many tear drops in person. I still have yet to see one other than the one I'm building.. I'm so excited about the chance I might get to go to the gathering. I feel like a kid waiting on summer camp or something.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm

Eddie,
I found out after the first one the only way to see them all is to bring a bike to ride around the campground. If you have a bike bring it, Your feet will thank you.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Eddie,
I found out after the first one the only way to see them all is to bring a bike to ride around the campground. If you have a bike bring it, Your feet will thank you.

Thanks for the advice Steve, The wife and I use to bike a lot and still have a few relics we may be able to salvage for the trip.. Or it will just give me an excuse to get some new ones. Besides my waist line sure wouldn't hurt from a few hundred miles on a bike ;)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Hatch is skinned!! man that was a monster.. At least in my head i just knew it was not going to fit after i skinned it. Its on and I'm pretty stoked at how it fits. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't leak.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion