scouting basics

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

scouting basics

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon May 24, 2004 10:41 pm

Most of us belonged to the scouts at one time or another.

If you have your old scouting books or have a kid who is in or want to just look in the net for such like I did you might find basic camping ideas.

This one offers lots of ideas many of us have forgot or never saw.

This site if full of basic drawings of many things we could assemble use and take down for the next camp.

One is a Shower stall. the cover I was more interested in. Now adays I would use PCV pipe instead.

http://www.buckskin.org/Resources/Outdo ... eering.htm

interesting basics that one can expand on.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Tue May 25, 2004 7:36 am

Hey Ron,

Great site. I was a scout many years ago and I remember building wooden tables, workstations, etc. . I have also forgotten the basics in camping. This brings back some fun memories. I'll have to dig up my old scout handbooks and keep them in our tear.

Thanks for sharing the site. Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby denverd0n » Tue May 25, 2004 10:13 am

One of my most prized possessions is a Boy Scout Handbook, copyright 1942. It was my father's. It is chock-full of wonderful drawings and ideas of all kinds of furniture and projects for camping and living. Every now and then I get curious what it might be worth, but then I realize that I wouldn't sell it for any amount of money.

(Okay, being honest, I would probably sell it if you offered me $500,000, but not a penny less!)
denverd0n
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Tue May 25, 2004 11:13 am

denverd0n wrote:(Okay, being honest, I would probably sell it if you offered me $500,000, but not a penny less!)

Sounds good. When hyper-inflation kicks in, soon, I'll give you $500K for it. You'll be able to take that $500K and buy a loaf of bread! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion