Lake Sinclair In JUNE is cancelled

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Lake Sinclair In JUNE is cancelled

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed May 26, 2004 8:10 am

:( Due to health I must cancel this gathering. If anyone else out there could carry the ball on the South East area it might be a good idea as I may be out of it for some time to come. Sorry to let those folks down who had planned to attend. ALAN G
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed May 26, 2004 8:27 am

Sorry to hear that Alan... hope you're feeling better soon.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Wed May 26, 2004 9:04 am

Alan,

We are hoping you get better real soon.

Other Attendies,

Who all was planning on going to GA.? Maybe we can find another campground centrally located between us. It has been many years since we've been camping, so I am not familiar with to many campgrounds. We live in the northwest corner of North Carolina.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Jiminsav » Wed May 26, 2004 8:33 pm

Alan, bud, i'm sorry to hear your feeling bad..I hope you get back on your feet as fast as medically possible..
As for someone taking over, I'd do it, but I'm an idiot and for sure would screw it up, so get back soon and get er done.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Frank » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:10 am

Alan,
Sorry to hear that you are having health troubles, if there is anything we can do, please let us know, be glad to come down during a weekend to help in anyway. Got to get you back up on your feet! In the mean time you will be in our prayers.

If anyone is still interrested, there is a Hamilton State Park at lake Thurmond (Clark Hill) that is real nice, it is on the SC & GA line and there is also Aiken State Park, but have never been there. Unicoi State Park in Helen GA, it is very very nice, close to Alanta, Columbia and Western NC. Helen is a Alpine Village, there are lots of hiking trails, trout fishing, gold panning, rafting down the river, Anna Ruby Falls, and of course touristy things in Helen.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Southern Appalachian Chapter of the TearJerkers

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:08 pm

Hey Frank,

I didn't here from anyone, so we already have the weekend of June 18th - 20th set for the Julian Price Campground planned. So far it's just my wife Carla and me. Would love for you and/or anyone else to join us. We will be in the back side of either loop B or loop D. These sites are a first come first serve. Here is a link to the campground: http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commo ... index.html

It is located 5 miles south of Blowing Rock,NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Let us know if you can make it.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Frank » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:44 pm

Ross,
Sounds good to me, will have to discuss it with the wife before can say for sure though. You know, I'm the BOSS here as long as I do what she wants!!!!

:twisted: Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion