Electrical Problem

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Electrical Problem

Postby Joseph » Mon May 31, 2004 4:45 pm

One thing I forgot to mention from yesterday. I had never tested the electrical connection from the trailer to the truck before. I’m using a six-pin connector, both of which (truck & trailer) I wired myself - four wouldn't cut it since I wanted to have a line to charge the trailer battery and one day I may want something a little bigger that requires brakes. Anyway, when I made the connection, the only thing that worked was the right turn signal. My reaction was – well, unsuitable for a family oriented board.

So I took the truck down to Auto Zone and they loaned me a continuity tester. The truck was the biggest bear to wire and I heaved quite a sigh of relief when everything checked out OK. I did NOT want to have to mess with THAT again! So I drove home and studied the schematics again – couldn’t imagine how only one thing would work and nothing else. Then I realized that the truck connector has split pins. So I went in and opened them up a bit – WOO HOO! Now only the left turn signal wasn’t working. Pried that one open a little more and every thing worked fine. WHEW!!

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 31, 2004 7:30 pm

:toothy7: And I was almost ready to send Michelle over with her tester to see if you had bass ackwards taillight fixtures too! We did. The turn signal filaments and running light filaments were reversed. So instead of green going to green, green goes to black and black goes to green. (Musta been made in japan where everthing is backwards! But now everything works fine!!!

Glad you got yours working too!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Mon May 31, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm not going to say a thing. :dontknow:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to General Discussion