Progress from the Most Out of Control Shop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Progress from the Most Out of Control Shop

Postby Larwyn » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:30 pm

I actually did make a bit of progress this past weekend. Sorry no pictures yet, as the wind was strong enough to blow the ugly off a wart hog, it was all I could do to stand my ground and get some work done. I’m out of town again this week so will not be able to take pics for a few days, might just hold off till the finish is applied.

The inside cabinetry is done except for the application of Polyshade. This includes the shelf and hinged lid chest at the front and cabinet at the rear of the cabin all of oak. Once they are finished and permanently installed I will finish installing the ceiling. For now I am keeping it open so I can stand inside to install the cabinets. All the oak is temporarily in place right now (ended the day with test fitting) so I can remove it to apply the finish. It all fits and works so the hard part is done there.

I chose to use sliding doors on the inside cabinets as they are light weight, require no hardware and do not swing into the limited space inside the cabin. My design uses only two doors and one track. The cabinet is 46.25 wide, there is apox. 19.25” opening for the two doors in the center leaving a solid partition on either end of aprox 13.5”. It is easy enough to reach around to the side of the opening to whatever is stored back there, and I am contemplating a pass through in the center back wall of this cabinet to the galley area. The “blanket chest” up front is faced with the same paneling as the walls with a hinged lid of oak. The overhead shelf is oak faced and hollow as it will contain the reading lights and any switches and outlets at the front of the cabin. There is no wiring in the walls; all electric will come through the ceiling into this hollow shelf or one of the cabinets.

Oh I heard from Doug. My prize for the Most Out of Control Shop (MOCS ?) is on the way, shouuld be waiting for me when I get home. Then time for a trip to Home Depot..!!! :D
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Return to General Discussion