327 of you belong in name only with zero entrys

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

327 of you belong in name only with zero entrys

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:32 pm

You must have some questions. I joined when this first started I have no teardrop but am getting closer with each question I ask.

I have pictures of other peoples tears and Tiny trailers on a pin board.
I know where to go for questions and have found some very talented group of people who are helping me with each question. I am about to do the floor, I have most of my measuments, no trailer as yet but a truck to put it in until I can afford a trailer. There are many Teardrop type trailers already made if you do not want to build and still you will have questions.

We welcome one and all to help you fill your dream or refer you to a place where you can find answers. These people do not just build trailers many build customized old cars, boats of all types, many are engineers, designers, and just plain hobbiests. Who love to help others fill they'res. Many belong to more then one forum and can direct you to other places if T&TTT is not your thing go to off topic and ask. But if it is you are wanting to build or own one day a small dream house on wheels that is cheep on gas and will draw crowds where ever you go welcome and just ask.

Dave Klinzman's joined this Forum same day as I did he and I belonged to a now defunked teardrop forum ... Dave has build his and has put many miles on it buy this time. He just retired and is out enjoying it.

One Day I will too. .... and you?

Ron D.
Los Osos, CA
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Paul » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:22 am

Ron, I also belonged to the old, now defunct teardrop forum. I haven't posted anything because I haven't thought of any new questions to ask. I'm planning on building a teardrop eventually. I have been interested in them for several years now, have a folder of all different kinds of profiles, plans, notes, etc., and a full-size cardboard profile folded up in my closet. Most of my family and friends still roll their eyes at me whenever I bring the topic up, but at least I've finally drawn a profile that my wife seems to like, even though she's not too crazy about me building one. In the mean time I keep looking at all the wonderful work everyone else has been doing and drooling, while I think about how to incorporate some of those neat ideas into mine. :thinking:

Paul Cook
Las Cruces, NM
Paul
Teardrop Builder

Postby lonetear » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:29 pm

:MLAS Usually I sit in the corner and spend some time getting to know the tone of a forum- not that I have much to say anytime.

Everybody seems pretty harmless :thumbsup:

Gotten some real good info from here, so guess it's time to try to help others when I can :thinking:
lonetear
Teardrop Inspector

Postby vantexan » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:37 pm

I belong to 10 or so Yahoo Groups, some of which have 2000+ members. Yet most Groups I've participated in usually have a few very active members, some somewhat active, and the daily assortment of once-in-a-blue-moon participants. It may well be that someone who just follows one Group may be very active on another. Everyone finds their niche or comfort zone. I like contributing the occasional oddball post here but my main reasons for reading this forum are that y'all are a great group of folks and that you really know your stuff. I pick up alot of ideas on small space living here. I'm sure that I can speak for the "silent majority" when I say thank you for such a great site!

Wade
vantexan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:23 am

Hi, to each of you and wecome aboard.

Paul I was born in Albuquerque. I was last out there to spread my dad's ashesin 2000 it is a camping paradise out there. You got to do it. there will always be someone who rolls there eye's. :roll:

If I lived there still I would drive or fly to the international event in June

http://itg.teardrops.net/

and I would go to George T's site and see when he might be in NM next.
he is up in Colorado. You might check the map and see who is your area or write Mike and ask him?

http://pages.prodigy.net/rfs2growup/home.htm

I have a guy who lives in the next town above me who finshed his last year and is having a ball.

for wood working questions
you might try
http://www.inthewoodshop.org/site.shtml
he just moved from NY state to canada and he too is researching of abuilding a teardrop .

Ron Dickey
Los Osos, CA
:applause: :thumbsup: ;)
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby roger-c » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:35 pm

Ron
I to belonged to other teardrop forum. On this one one as on the other
most all of my questions get asked and answered by others before I can ask them. :D

rogerc
Don�t force it use a bigger hammer!
roger-c
Teardrop Advisor

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:41 am

After our Jacsonville get- to- gether I swore I would not say so much on line as I noticed I was 7 th in number of posts. Now I'm up to 5 th. Don't know how that happened. We have so much fun at our gatherings that we have developed a lot of really good friendships and I guess we like to talk a lot and have a few laughs on the forum. Can''t wait for more people to get their tears built and start camping. For those of you still contemplating but not sure about a tear I say build it now. Don't get carried away with fancy hard to build and expensive ideas. Build that basic tear on an HF trailer and get out there. Then you can learn what works for you and what changes you would like before you start on your masterpiece. Just do it. I built my loaner tear for under $300.00. It was used this weekend and did everything that my tear did and made a new teardrop couple ready to start building NOW. Ask your questions and get your answers and get out the tools. You are missing a lot of fun. Talked with Class A couple at campground this weekend that are going to build one because of increasing gas costs. BUILD YOUR TEAR and GET OUT THERE.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion