New Member Saying Hello

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

New Member Saying Hello

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Howdy all,

Just found this forum. I see some familiar names from the "other" forum. Glad to see there is a place that is friendly towards the untraditional teardrop or trailers that fit the general concept of tiny trailer camping.

Even though I have a perfectly traditional trailer, a 1947 Ken-Skill, I really like all the different designs that have been made over the decades.

It will be fun checking out all the posts.

If you want to check out my teardrop web site, go to www.NicksTeardrop.com

Nick
Last edited by Nick Taylor on Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:18 pm

Hello Nick, have you had the Ken-Skill out yet or you waiting for Guajome? See you in couple of weeks.

Have a good day,
8) Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Nick Taylor » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:30 pm

Gage wrote:Hello Nick, have you had the Ken-Skill out yet or you waiting for Guajome? See you in couple of weeks.

Have a good day,
8) Gage

Howdy Gage,

Haven't camped in the Ken-Skill yet. Guajome will be my first time. I sold my Benroy so I'll only have one trailer in my two spots. A friend will be camping in a tent along side. He lost his chance to camp in a tear.

Looking forward to the meet.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:18 am

Hi Nick,

Welcome to T&TTT. Yes I've seen your website before. You're off to a good start with your photo collection. And I see you're even part of the 2nd teardrop club, even if you didn't build them from scratch!

Have Fun!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nick Taylor » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:21 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hi Nick,

Welcome to T&TTT. Yes I've seen your website before. You're off to a good start with your photo collection. And I see you're even part of the 2nd teardrop club, even if you didn't build them from scratch!

Have Fun!

Mike...

Seems every time I start planning to build a trailer I come across a vintage one for sale and instant gratification is a nice thing.

I would still like to build my own trailer, either in the Grasshopper theme or a wild Idea I have for a pop-up tear. It would look like a traditional teardrop when you're towing it but when popped up looks like a vintage Shasta trailer only smaller. I've been working on the drawings off and on for a few years. Planning on making a scale model first.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:07 pm

Oh, you mean like this one?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nick Taylor » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:44 pm

I've seen that one but I'm thinking of something different. A folding design similar to this trailer but with more of a teardrop shape and about the size of a Kampmaster.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Return to General Discussion