Latest photos

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:59 am

Kai,
Are you mounting your fenders over your off road axle?
Or are you going to wait and mount them over your new axle?
Thanks for that link on the slides. It looks I'm going to have to go with another type of slide though, the three piece type that extend out longer than when they are stowed. (It looks like I have 22" of space for the slides, but I need at least 24" of extension for the burners to be far enough away from the sidewall.
BTW-Sorry to hear that you have a possible snafu with the raffle, I think the organizers should just take a look at what your raising the money for.
Let me know how much to send for the coffee.

Stove

Postby OkieSailor » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:11 pm

Nice stove. Is that the same one that Bass Pro is selling? Two burner and oven for about $300?
Yes OkieSailor is an Oxymoron!!
OkieSailor
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mexican tear » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:44 pm

OkieSailor

I think it is the same thing. The ones sold here do not have stainless extwior. That is the only difference I can see.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:36 am

Kai,
I like the use of the lowvoltage deck lights. I was thinking of doing the same thing. The tear looks great. :applause:
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby IraRat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:39 am

I WANT THAT OVEN/STOVE!!!

I just went to the Bass Pro site and found it. Only $200:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... rchResults

Now where's my credit crad..........
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Stove comparisons

Postby Guy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:31 am

Just a little comparison of these two stove.

Flamineta ,,,, Outback

$90 ,,,, 200

two top burners 5300 Btus ,,,, same

NO oven temperature gauge ,,,, has temp gauge

not stainless steel ,,,, stainless steel

no automatic gas shutoff ,,,, automatic gas shutoff

no windscreen ,,,, aluminum windscreen

NOW compare that to the typical simple gas stove....the burners are between 7500-10,000 btu which makes a huge difference in cooking time.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby IraRat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:44 am

So I'm confused:

Are you saying there's not enough firepower in these models? I'm not cooking a whole pig.
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby mexican tear » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:11 pm

Ira

I fried an ege and made coffee. Dean has done Pizza and hot buns in the oven

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... ight=pizza

above is a link for when Dean did his pizza

I am sure it will be a lot nicer than a colman two burner. Besides the Lodge grill fits perfectly on the two burners.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Kai & Irarat,
I wanted to post those pizza and cinnamon roll pics, but bg's website is still down on my end, all I'm getting is red x's right now for all my previous posted pics.
That unit on Outback is a dressed up Flamineta in my opinion.
I'd bet that Flamineta is making them for for Outback and the reason for the stainless front cover is to change the words to English.
I did notice that there is a little blue "Oven Start Up" button on the front of the American model.

Postby IraRat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:03 pm

THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THAT THREAD! LOOKS, SOUNDS AND SMELLS LIKE THE PERFECT GALLEY SOLUTION! (And I'm really glad I learned about it BEFORE framing out the galley!)

Kai, you can obviously ignore the conventional e-mail I sent you about this.

So it's 12 inches deep, 21 wide, by 16 high. Plus, 32 pounds--so if necessary for weight, I can leave the wife home.

TIME TO START DESIGNING!
--Ira

IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:56 pm

Hey Irarat,
I don't see how you are able to view those pics, because bg's site is down right now, at least on my end and that thread had pics from bg's old hosting site called nowhere news.com, which no longer exists.
Well, it doesn't look like I need to show you the pics, because it looks like you're already sold on it.
One modification that I did to my Flamineta was, I drilled an 1/8" hole through both surfaces on my right sidewall and inserted a candy thermometer into the side of the unit to monitor oven temperatures, since the oven doesn't include that feature, this means that you pretty much have to babysit a bit when baking. I've been told that a temperature regulator and self ignitor could be adapted to this model, but I doubt that I'll spend the money to go that route.

Postby IraRat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:21 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Hey Irarat,
I don't see how you are able to view those pics, because bg's site is down right now,

The pictures of a pizza weren't important to me--it was the conversation about it. Mexican's placement of it, with the sliding drawer and rubber feed hose(s), look about as convenient and simple as you can get.

Man, funny how one little accessory like this can totally change your galley design. And your camping menu!

BTW, I only saw the Outback model. Where's the link to the similar one?
--Ira

IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:35 pm

The other link is from Cabela's... it's the same deal.
You will save a good amount of money ordering it from Kai, but the Mexican model doesn't have that oven starter button. (I just use a barbeque lighter on mine)

Postby mexican tear » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:37 pm

Guys
I do not think that the button is for spark, I think it is to bypass the safety valve to get an initial flame. Kind of like what you have to do when you push in the gas regulator on your water heater to start the fire.
kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion