Bluebonnet back from another trip.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Bluebonnet back from another trip.

Postby davel » Sun May 08, 2005 5:51 pm

We just got home from another trip. Spent the weekend at the 24th Lonestar Dulcimer Festival in Glen Rose, Texas.
Now I have time and a few weekends to finish the galley. I'm still amazed at the number of people that are attracted to these things. It seems the first thing out of everyone's mouth as they approach you is "I saw one of those on the Travel Channel, can we take a look?" Actually it has become a fun thing. Having a teardrop seems to slow you down because you stop and take the time to communicate with others.

This is a great addiction. :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby Coca Cola Teardrop » Mon May 09, 2005 12:45 pm

I'm getting jealous Dave. You are running around enjoying your tear while we are killing ourselves trying to get tear #2 knocked out for the Minden trip. I think we might have a weekend or two to spare for a possible trial run. Then we can decide which tear will qualify for Minden.
Since Purdis Creek we started #2 and have gotten a lot done. We started on cabinets this weekend.
Glad you are enjoying the Bluebonnet

Linda
Coca Cola Teardrop
Coca Cola Teardrop
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon May 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Yes Dave, looks like y'all are having all the fun. The windows look good. :thumbsup:

I probably won't use my teardrop again until September. :(
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby davel » Mon May 09, 2005 5:15 pm

Linda-
We have been finding lots of little things that need fixing. We won't be going out again until the galley is done and probably not till we get the protective coating on. We've been in rain the last two weekends and it's showing in a few places where it isn't sealed enough. We probably won't be out again till Memorial Day. Of course if anyone else out there wants to test theirs out anywhere in the state we will go any weekend.

Steve-
How did your Louisiana trip go. We spoke to some campers at Glen Rose this last weekend that said they had seen a shiny teardrop down around San Antonio area, thought it might have been yours.
davel
Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Mon May 09, 2005 9:33 pm

Dave,

It's possible the shiny teardrop around here was mine.

The Louisana trip was great. I went over Thursday and came back Sunday, so I spent three nights. The weather while I was there was great. Nice clear days and cool nights. Had to cover up at night.

The helicopter flying was good also. Curtis Youngblood was there ( Many times world champion) doing demo flights and awesome night flying. I've been flying these things for twenty years and still can't belive it when I see him fly.

The only down side of the trip was the rain coming back. It rained from Houston to Seguin. From about Flatonia to the Gonzales cut off it was raining so hard we were driving 45 MPH and could hardly see the road to drive. I saw two wrecks, and my door leaks some water.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby McTeardrops » Tue May 10, 2005 6:20 am

I'm jealous too. This is what MY campsite looked like yesterday!

Lenny

[email protected]
I've reached the stage, in life, where my foam has more memory than I do!
McTeardrops
The 300 Club

Postby IraRat » Tue May 10, 2005 2:33 pm

McTeardrops wrote:I'm jealous too. This is what MY campsite looked like yesterday!

OH MY GOD!!! And I thought MY backyard was a disaster!!!
--Ira

"My HD and Wal-Mart have been out of Titebond for weeks, and I think it's a communist conspiracy."
IraRat
Forum Storyteller

Postby davel » Tue May 10, 2005 5:31 pm

Lenny,

You'll be out there before you know it. Do it right and you want be going back to fix little things like I am doing now.
davel
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion