TearTable ... Direct download of plans on Page 7!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby razorback » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm

when you have a moment I would appreciate a copy of your plans.
thanks
Larry
[email protected]
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Corwin C » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:22 am

I just finished replying to one of the people to whom I have sent plans for the TearTable. Apparently this person thought that the plans were for the octagonal table that has been pictured several times in this thread. :(

I don't want to mislead anyone, the TearTable is a much smaller table and seats four instead of eight. A prototype hasn't been built yet (that I know of) so pictures aren't available yet (hopefully soon to come), but the plan view is in the first post of this thread.

I don't want to violate forum rules, but I do sell the plans for the large table. If you would like more information on it send me a PM or e-mail.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 am

Corwin, you could put a post for your large plans in the For Sale section.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Corwin C » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Good Idea Kerry ... I don't scroll down that far very often. Forgot about the For Sale section.

The details for the large octagonal table can be found here.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Tear table

Postby Marti Domyancic » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:45 am

I too would be grateful for a set of these plans, and will look further for the your info on the larger plans to purchase, thanks Marti
[email protected]
Marti Domyancic
Marti's Awnings
The lady with the shady business
www.trailerawning.blogspot.com
www.Martisawnings.com ( under construction)
Marti Domyancic
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:39 am

If no one has built the table yet please send me a copy of the plans and I will build it the first of next week and post the pics. I would do it this weekend but I'm traveling to Tn. 8)

[email protected]

Regards
07' Harley Street Bob
04 f350 4x4 powerstroke
10' GMC Acadia 8 passenger SLT (TV)

***NO REGRETS******
Ward
Teardrop Advisor

Postby afreegreek » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 am

METRIC ... LOL! when you can divide 10 into 3 equal parts let me know.. I might be interested in this "superior" system... on second thought, learned it, tried it, tossed it to the side..
afreegreek
500 Club

Postby d_lairson » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:57 am

If I could get a set of those plans when you get a chance at

[email protected]

thanks,
David
d_lairson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Corwin C » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 pm

afreegreek wrote:METRIC ... LOL! when you can divide 10 into 3 equal parts let me know.. I might be interested in this "superior" system... on second thought, learned it, tried it, tossed it to the side..

To date, I've been unable to find 3 1/3 inches on my tape measure...does yours have marks that mine doesn't?! :lol:
Corwin
Image Image Image
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Corwin C » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Ward wrote:If no one has built the table yet please send me a copy of the plans and I will build it the first of next week and post the pics. I would do it this weekend but I'm traveling to Tn. 8)

Your plans are on the way...

There are at least 40 sets of TearTable plans floating out there ... I haven't seen any pictures yet. :( My "workshop" is under 2 1/2 feet of drifted snow ... it'll be a while before that melts and the mud dries so I can make my own. It's been a tough winter out there for a whole lot of people (thanks "global warming?" :?).

I'm expecting lots of pics (hint hint) in the next couple of months as people get past this winter and into spring.
Corwin
Image Image Image
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Ward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Give me just a few minutes and I will get a couple pictures up. I worked on mine for about an hour today and then I had to take the boy fishing in our lake.

Regards
07' Harley Street Bob
04 f350 4x4 powerstroke

***NO REGRETS******
Ward
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 pm

okay guys I decided to use 3/4" BC (sanded plywood) rather than treated because of the chemicals and the fact that I would like to paint it right away.

First let me introduce you to the builders. Me and London my 3yr old. He has his safety glasses, tape measure and recip. saw and his Ward Const. hat 8)

My first step was studying the plan and then I taped it with masking tape to the area of the board that would be the table top. This way it would be handy and outta the way too.

I used a T square and pencil for the majority of the Layout, it was very handy and I recoment this method. Not only will it keep you sqauare its cleaner than a chalk line. Please note you will see in my pictures that I didn't seperate everything for the 1/8 blade, It just made the layout way too complicated, everything should work out though we will find out after everything is cut :worship:

On the parts that line up such as the seat support groove I marked them at the same time being that I already had a square line at the correct measurement.

I do have one concern and that is there isn't going to be much left on the seat legs at the dowel notch, and the plans only give the center for the notch.

After all of the straight lines were marked out I needed to make the radius for the table top. The plan calls for 3" R ,the best thing I could find was a 3" pvc street 45*. It is a little larger but should be fine. There are different ways to make a radius but using something for a pattern is faster, simpler, and consistant.

After an hours worth of work this is what we have accomplished so far.

We would have kept working but I promised the boy I would take him fishing in our Lake. He deserved it he worked hard :applause:

More pictures to come next week. !
Regards
Last edited by Ward on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07' Harley Street Bob
04 f350 4x4 powerstroke

***NO REGRETS******
Ward
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: the lil guy has the right idea! I fixed your photos. If you click on edit you can see what I did. You just need to highlight the url and click on Img. Or you can click on Img before and after you paste the url. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm

toypusher wrote:Corwin, you could put a post for your large plans in the For Sale section.

You can also put a blurb in your signature line... ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Ward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Auntie M, thank you soooo much I had just asked Gage how to do it :lol:

More pics soon to come as soon as we get back from TN.

Regards
07' Harley Street Bob
04 f350 4x4 powerstroke

***NO REGRETS******
Ward
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion