Salivanto/Thomas met Mercy/Courtney

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Salivanto/Thomas met Mercy/Courtney

Postby Salivanto » Sat May 21, 2005 6:05 am

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to publicly thank Courtney for letting me check out her teardrop earlier this week. She's listed here in the hall of fame and then I found out she lives just around the corner from me. I also found out that she's moving to the left coast in a week or two. As we discussed, her
move is early enough to keep her from taking part in the east coast events, but not early enough to let her take part in west coast events. Still, from my point of view, the timing was at least okay. If she'd moved two weeks earlier, I wouldn't have had a chance to actually see a teardrop before starting to build one.

I do regret that they're moving since she and her "building assistant" seem like really nice folks.

One really fun part about seeing the trailer is that some of her neighbors came over and introduced themselves. Apparently they'd been checking out the tear in the parking lot and had been very curious about it and were thrilled to be able to see inside and ask questions about it. (It's funny to me that because of the hall of fame here I knew more about the history of this teardrop than the people living next to it.) They also sized me up (I'm 6'6") and were amazed when I said I could lie down inside it. Courtney was very modest, but pleased by the attention, as she should be. One of the neighbors even commented that this must have been built by someone else -- surely because it looks so clean, finished, and professional.

Thanks Courtney, and happy trails.
Amike salutas,
Thomas ALEXANDER
www.NightinGael.Net
Salivanto
Teardrop Advisor

Postby San Diegan » Sat May 21, 2005 10:20 am

Courney's pictoral build journal in the Hall of Fame has long been a source of entertainment for me. My favorite image is the intermediate tear with "Better than Therapy" scrawled on the side. What a hoot.

I hope she thrives over here on this side.

Tom
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Re: Salivanto/Thomas met Mercy/Courtney

Postby dmb90260 » Sat May 21, 2005 2:10 pm

Salivanto wrote: I also found out that she's moving to the left coast in a week or two. As we discussed, her move is early enough to keep her from taking part in the east coast events, but not early enough to let her take part in west coast events.

Don't forget Spamboree VI in August at Guajome Regional Park in Oceanside, California. You can be certain there will finally be no rain :thumbsup:

http://mysite.verizon.net/gunderp/Registration.html
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sat May 21, 2005 3:12 pm

dmb90260 wrote:
Salivanto wrote: I also found out that she's moving to the left coast in a week or two. As we discussed, her move is early enough to keep her from taking part in the east coast events, but not early enough to let her take part in west coast events.

Don't forget Spamboree VI in August at Guajome Regional Park in Oceanside, California. You can be certain there will finally be no rain :thumbsup:
http://mysite.verizon.net/gunderp/Registration.html

Dennis, it didn't rain at Sweetwater. I also think that Courney is moving to the 'LEFT' coast so she can enjoy her tear more. Maybe 11 months a year. It rains the other month, at least here in SoCal (most years). :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby dmb90260 » Sat May 21, 2005 4:26 pm

Gage wrote:Dennis, it didn't rain at Sweetwater. I also think that Courney is moving to the 'LEFT' coast so she can enjoy her tear more. Maybe 11 months a year. It rains the other month, at least here in SoCal (most years). :lol:
Have a good day,
Gage
Maybe it is because circumstances have kept me away from any "official gatherings." I have been out 3-5 times since Jan 1 and have hit rain and/or wind almost every weekend. Very un-SoCalifornia even if the last rain was mainly in Oregon, it continued the next 380 miles into NoCal and did not really end until I got back to LA last Thurs.
It was raining when I left Pleasanton but it hit 90 degrees about 150 miles out and has been great ever since. What a wonderful change. 8)
You must admit, Spring has been rather fleeting and damp around here this year.
I just packed away the rain gear and pulled on a tank top, Summer Is A Cumin In. Finally :worship:
Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby roadtrippin » Sat May 21, 2005 5:24 pm

We're going to Randle WA to check out some tears next weekend. There's a tear gathering there. Hope to meet some of y'all.
roadtrippin
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mercy » Sun May 22, 2005 8:10 pm

hey there!

no problem, i'm glad you got a chance to see one in person before building. i jumped in so fast i didn't get a chance to see one before i started on mine. seeing one up close and personal and in 3d would have saved me from a world of frustration.

(but it really *was* better than therapy.)

i've got my eye on the spamboree, somewhat. i'm trying to get it together so we can drive this puppy from here to san francisco. we leave in *looks at calendar* ten days. :shock:

it seems fitting that the maiden voyage is from ny to ca.

holler if you have any other questions...it was nice meeting you.
-courtney
practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless
mercy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Sun May 22, 2005 10:12 pm

Courtney, it's foggy and rainy in San Francisco. You need to come futher South. 8) You have a safe trip.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby San Diegan » Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 am

practice beautiful randomness and act kinda senseless

You're going to fit right in, Courtney. Take the trip across the hearland for what it is. It's a journey.

Hope to meet up with you and the usual suspects from California sometime this summer. I'll be the one being chased by Dennis for comments about his "platform".

Tom
San Diegan
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion