Street Legal

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Street Legal

Postby Wild Mike » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:12 pm

WooooooHoooooo !!!

I was sitting here thinking I still have a fender to finish and install ... get the tear inspected and get a lic. plate so I can take my Tear to Scoutcamp MONDAY morning. :roll:

A thought occurred (Yeah ... It happens occasionally) what if I don't need fenders to be legal. After calling the police and BMV I found out they didn't know. So I called for the inspection and would let the officer tell me. He filled out the paperwork and didn't mention fenders ... he didn't even check the lights to see if they worked!

Took a quick side photo and headed to the BMV got there at 10:30am and was out the door by 11:30 with the Title & VIN application copies. Also a 30 day use permit for the tear. Here in Indiana ... you apply for the title and vin. When you get them in the mail you can then get your plate. So far registration cost $28.00 :lol:

Now I can finish up the fender and another inside shelf and be ready to roll Monday morning .... WooooooooooHoooooo !!!!!

I'll have a week to take photos of the tear in action.

Wild Mike
Wild Mike
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tdthinker » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:18 pm

Ha, it is amazing how little they know about some of these laws. O well, worked out good for you, have fun monday and take lots of pics, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Return to General Discussion