Greetings!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby angib » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:40 am

RC,

I've started a new thread in the non-traditional designs section for The Simple square, and I've added a slopey back version for you.

Image Image

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby RC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:55 pm

David, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :wink: , but I don't think that the 8 inch wheels look bad at all. Not retro like the old ones, but not bad.

Being painfully cheap, I will stay with my 8 inch wheels. This thing isn't for beauty (I don't want it purposely ugly either), and it will not get much use probably (2 or 3 nights a year), so doing it on the Scotch is the way for me.
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Postby RC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:57 pm

Thanks Andrew. I will discuss it with you in the other thread.
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

8" wheels

Postby David Niver » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:35 pm

RC wrote:David, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :wink: , but I don't think that the 8 inch wheels look bad at all. Not retro like the old ones, but not bad.

Being painfully cheap, I will stay with my 8 inch wheels. This thing isn't for beauty (I don't want it purposely ugly either), and it will not get much use probably (2 or 3 nights a year), so doing it on the Scotch is the way for me.

I under stand cheap because I am (just ask my wife.), if I hadn't had the 14" wheel and axle setup I would have stayed with the 8" my self because it pulled great.
I might have lowered it some just to have it look more in perspective.
Ps I'm trying to do mine by way of recycling when possable, the trailer was my motorcycle trailer, the galley drawers were a desk I had when I was growing up and some of the cabints were once an old wardrobe.
Have fun and build it the best way you can.
David
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to General Discussion