Back from Wamplers Lake, MI

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Back from Wamplers Lake, MI

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:15 am

Just made it back from our little gathering at Wamplers Lake, MI. I've posted the pictures in the album, here...
http://tnttt.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=1
A good time was had by all, and we plan on doing this again next year at this time. Get your reservations early. Next year we are going to try to get sites 80 through 85 or thereabouts! Let me know if you plan on joining us! :wink:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:10 pm

BOY, Looking at those pictures sure makes me sad :( That I'm not still up in Mich where I'd been having all that fun with you guys and gals!!! Looks like the weekend went off with a big bang of fun. Looking forward to next year, maybe we can all meet and go to the Nats together.

Kurt, really like your tear, trying to make the new one on that basic profile.

Bev, saw where you were "excaping the heat" ready to install A/C? I like the putting the A/C outside and running the hose's into the tear, don't take up the room and still stay cool.

Mike, did you work out the bouncing problem?

Clancy came down for a nice visit this afternoon, it was right after a bad thunder storm that knocked out the elect. Thought we were just going to have to set up our own camp-out with the tears. He has a very nice cubby very simular to Mike's 1st one. Since we both have jobs to go to tomorrow, didn't get to have a camp-out. Hoping to get together in Oct in the mountains where hopefully it will be much cooler.

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby beverlyt » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:54 pm

Frank,
We had the most fun on our first trip out! Our teardrop towed like a dream. No bouncing, axle-wheels worked like a charm. We hardly knew it was there, but boy did everyone else! At almost every stop along the way, people would ask us all about it and remark on what a neat little trailer.
The only surprise was that our magnet latches on the cupboards inside weren't strong enough to hold them shut. We will secure our cupboards a little better next time, along with the small wall hangings I had on the inside walls. No harm done though.
You mentioned an air-conditioner. Let me tell you, it was hot during the day. Our site was in direct sunlight almost all day long. It was a great treat to be invited to "cool off" in Mike's trailer.
http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=267
(Mike... you didn't think you were going to get away with not posting a photo of you on the trip, did you?)
The nights though were nice and cool in our insulated teardrop, with just a coleman tent fan blowing on us.
I also like the idea of a "carry along" air conditioner, should we ever decide to go with one.
Another neat idea was how Kurt set up his screen/privacy tent. We also have this same pop-up screen tent. Kurt cut one side to match the door on his tear and velcroed shower curtains up on the remaining sides to create a very nice privacy room off one side of the tear.
http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=266
Very cool!
We had a great time and hope more teardroppers can go next year!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:57 pm

Looks like a great time ... sure wish we could have joined you!
:?
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion