Moved from Design Contest Thread

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Moved from Design Contest Thread

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:25 pm

No I am not a part of the design contest... I am just sharing some ideas with you all... So to eliminate any confusion, I am moving my ideas over here in a different thread... Meanwhile, we are still looking for more entries! :wink:

Mike...

This is the "Hybrid", a 4x8 package that opens up into something much larger. Dropped footwell, cushions that form into a nice long bed, additional storage at the foot of the bed for blankets, shoes, or whatever. There's closet type storage at the head of the bed, and there's also a full depth galley.

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby angib » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:09 pm

Mike,

Are all your family fairly short people? :lol:

See Hybrid 2

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:30 pm

ROFL...

Yea, I guess that was designed for midgets!!! Maybe I'll scale that up a bit... :wink:

Maybe I should get your mannequins in cad format so I can test these profiles before someone actually tries to build one!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Shrug53 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:33 pm

I really like that Matrix. Interesting shape. Really makes nice use of space while keeping a good shape.
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby RC » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:41 pm

Sweet looking design Mike. What software are you using to make the renderings?
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:23 am

I am doing the rendering in my CAD package. Many CAD packages today have that feature. You might try the trial version of TurboCad...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:12 pm

Okay guys,

A totally modern looking tiny trailer...
called "The Matrix". There is storage under the seats, and a dropped footwell for total comfort while sitting at the table, and there is plenty of headroom on either size of the table for an average sized person. The dinette converts into a queen sized bed.

Mike...

Last edited by mikeschn on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:13 pm

This one is called the "Weekender". That's because the body can be built in 1 weekend. The body is made completely out of plywood, glued and screwed together. It sits on a Harbor Freight trailer, which is built on a different weekend. Last, but not least, you paint the exterior, bolt on the windows, roof vent, tail lights, hinges etc and you're ready to go. Total built time, 3 weekends. So who's gonna prove that I am right? :wink:

BTW, other than 2 pieces of 4x10 for the sides, everything else is built out of 4x8 sheets. And I don't show the detail on the drawing, but the interior of the door is framed on the inside, and the seal is between the door and the frame. Oh, btw, there are no cabinet doors anywhere. Just rounded openings for easy access!

What do you think?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion