Admiral Cub trailer, know anything??

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Admiral Cub trailer, know anything??

Postby martha24 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 pm

This is a trailer my brother-in-law got. It is a 1948 Admiral Cub. He can't find any information on it and was wondering if anyone had ever seen or heard of it before or knew anything about it?

It is basically a teardropped shaped, but it is taller than a teardrop and shorter than a regular trailer, more in between the two. It is way too short to stand in. At most it is 10 ft. long, but is bigger than a 4x8 ft teardrop. In the back where it is open in the pic, there was a very small hatch door.

My brother-in-law got the trailer from an older woman. It was her husband's trailer and she didn't really know anything about it. He had got it new. She originally insisted it was a teardrop trailer. She also thought the trailer should be very valuable and didn't want to be taken advantage of. When no one else would buy the trailer, she took my brother-in-law's offer of $500. I don't remember exactly now, but it must have been almost a year ago when we first saw they trailer. At that time it was impossible to see inside as it was being used for storage. I haven't seen the trailer seen my brother-in-law got it.

Anyway my brother-in-law asked me to post it on this forum in hopes that someone would know something.
There is no doubt that there are many on this forum that know a great deal about trailers. Plus is is any interesting odd trailer, so I'm sure people will enjoy looking the the pics.
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Admiral Cub trailer, know anything??

Postby boyercustom7 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:01 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (121.58 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Just happened upon your picture of the admiral. I have an old admiral trailer that is about 20' with the tongue and I haven't seen anything online until your post here.
I know it's been a while since this thread was posted, but I wanted to show you a picture of mine & see if you found any thing out about yours yet.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.61 KiB) Viewed 322 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (122.79 KiB) Viewed 322 times
boyercustom7
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion