Wild Goose/ Kampmaster

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Wild Goose/ Kampmaster

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:30 pm

Has anyone got a picture of the Wild Goose or the Kampmaster? Has anyone built one of these guys?

I downloaded Andrews' designs and a poor Popular Mechanics cover of the Goose. This trailer has got me thinking about possible building it.

Any help would be most helpful. Thanks,

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Ross,

If you would build a Wild Goose, you know it would have to be one of the most awsome teardrops ever built. Of course I would expect no less from you after seeing that wonderful Kenskill that you built.

I'm still analyzing your galley to capture the best features of it for my next teardrop! (shhhhh... don't tell anyone you heard me say that!)

Hey I wonder, what if you took the Winter Warrior and added some curves in the right places? You'd eliminate the canvas...

But then again, you got me wondering, why are you building a second teardrop? Is your first one not wide enough?

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:18 pm

I had a blast building the 47' Trailer for Two. I learned a lot, as I mentioned before. Like pay close attention to the weight you are placing on the axle and frame. After saying that, I have ordered a new axle for the teardrop. I was going to keep that a secret but we are all friends here.

I've always wanted to build a second one and I have been given permission that I can. I am torn between the Cub and the Goose. After seeing Len's (DR. RV) camper at Mystic, the Goose is a little more of a design and building challenge. Besides that, it's cool lookin'. 8)

Ross

P.S. That's a nice picture of Joseph's tear.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Return to General Discussion