Final kitchen design

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby Joanne » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:51 pm

Ok, I need the help of everyone with a tear here. First off, thanks for your help, it meens alot. Ok. In your kitchen would you rather have a cooler or a fridge? Secondly would you rather have a sink or a water jug? And third would you rather have a colman 2 burner cook top or a 3 burner drop in cook top? O yeah, does anyone here have a microwave and is it worth it? Thanks for all your info on this subject, bye

At the risk of repeating what's already been said, you really need to think about your style of camping. If you like to camp in KOAs or other full hookup campgrounds, then you can design towards the amenities. I like to camp where there are no hookup and often where there is no campground. I'm going to build mine so I can use my Coleman stove, ice chest and 5 gallon water jug. I like campfire cooking as well as Dutch Oven cooking so my galley is going to be primarily a food prep area rather than a cooking area.

Again, my design is not the "right" design, it's simply the design that meets my need.

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby R Keller » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:33 pm

Sometimes I think of my trailer as just a really elaborate way to carry around a big ice chest! OK, a queen-size bed too....

But seriously, I know a lot of people like to put their ice chest in the tow vehicle, and if that works for them, great. For me, the large cooler I got would not fit in the little 4-cylinder sedan, and I wouldn't want to try to drag it out of there fully loaded (the cooler, not me) if it did. Mounted under the countertop with heavy duty drawer slides, access is incredibly convenient and effortless. Sure, after the ice chest, water container and battery, I don't have that much remaining space under the counter, but I can put that stuff in the car. And it weighs much less than the cooler does...

Rik
R Keller
Teardrop Master

Postby tdthinker » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:38 pm

My tear will we 6'8x10 and 4 feet tall, it will have the queen bed that turns into a dinette and a single bunk that takes up the width. I will have so much storage that I dout I will ever fill it all up and my kitchen will have about everything you can think of because we always are at places with hook ups ( sister go's "camping" with us. ) I want a large sink, 3 burner flat top stove, lots of storage as sed, microwave, wet bar ( not really only 15 ) lights and that stuff, I did get a table out of an old pop up that I got my trailer from so I can refinish it and have it slide on the outside as a snack table for a little party!
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Previous

Return to General Discussion