Obsolete

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Obsolete

Postby Shrug53 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:41 pm

Well, I did not get hired for another job today. Guess I am too old and too white. It is only a matter of time before I am standing here:

"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby Spook » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:55 pm

I've been where you are and wish you well. I'm afraid the American middle class will soon be no more.
Spook - Ball Ground, Georgia
Spook
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:27 pm

And after the 2nd great depression we'll all be in teardrops!

:roll:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Joanne » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your plight.

I still can't figure out why we are sending all our jobs to other coutries. A number of years back when we started sending our manufacturing jobs offshore the standard response was that we would re-train the displaced employees in "High Tech" jobs. Now we are sending those same "High Tech" jobs to India and Russia!?!?!

If you are unemployed and broke, it doesn't matter how cheap those import goods are! I'd rather have a good job and pay more for the things I need.

It's a race for the bottom.

Joanne

Sorry, if you can't tell it's a pet peeve of mine.
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby RC » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:06 pm

I have noticed a disturbing trend. We send our engineers overseas because they want good ones. And they send their engineers here because we want inexpensive ones.
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Postby mexican tear » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:01 pm

I worked 20 years overseas because there is nothing as good as an engineer from the American factory. We had offices in many countries and still they would rather have an american "start it up" than one of their own.

Most of the countries I worked in the engineers had no idea how to do anything except what was in the book. "Can do" is not a moto of the rest of the world. It is the moto of Americans. If we would get the welfair system gone and get the people back to work, those that have management and skilled jobs would have jobs. When you take away the cheep labor, you take away jobs for all.

Now that I live in Mexico, I realy see a group of untrained and un-can do people. Quality is a forign word in this part of the world. They fix anything, however only fix the minimum that needs to be fixed, so that they will have a job to do it again soon. Their engineers only go to school for 3 years and most do not make enough money to afford a car. No boady holds anyone responsible, and the normal responce is "this is Mexico".
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby tdthinker » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am

Some of the tears I have seen are better than some older houses. I would like to spend a good bit of time in my tear when built. bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Return to General Discussion