Galley is finished

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Galley is finished

Postby beverlyt » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:08 pm

Hello all,
Well, we pretty much have hopefully wrapped things up in the galley area. We found some fancy wood in the garage, and decided it would dress things up a little. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fit everything in back there...as you can see...my cooler just barely fit. But..we've got some ideas and think we should have a doable kitchen by the time we're done.
See pics of galley at bottom of my trailer page:
Bev
http://www.freewebs.com/kc8jwa/teardroptrailers.htm
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:07 pm

"I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fit everything in back there..." Bev, you'll figure that out after your first camp out in it. Mainly what you didn't need and should have left home. 8) And by the way your tear looks great.<p>

Have a great day,<br>
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:35 pm

Thanks Gage! By the way....
I love your website! All the cool old trailers and vehicles. We owned a 1948 Chevy Stylemaster up until just a couple of years ago. It was a really neat old car and wish I'd had the teardrop back then while we sat most of the day at those car shows!
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Gage » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:15 pm

Thank you! My '97 F-150 is up for sale.. Want to get a '57 or '59 Ford wagon. I've taken the Dalton to some shows but not the teardrop as yet. May take it up to Bishop, CA in Sept. to a big car show. And I'll probably take it to a couple of local cruises this summer just to show some of my friends that haven't seen it yet.

Any ways don't worry about the hinge. If you get into some rain, just apply some duct tape 8) . Then next year when you've rested up and want to make some upgrades, fix the hinge.

Have a good week,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby BufordT » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:45 am

And a mighty fine job you have done on the tear Bev. Mighty fine indeed.

Enjoy.

Buford :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:24 am

Great tear! See, those creature comforts we just don't get in a vintage trailer... (sighs) Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:51 am

Which creature comfort is it that you lust for? And extreme cooler? The colman Grill stove? You can add those things to your vintage trailer. Or is the the air conditioner and the forced air furnace that you are wanting? :twisted:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:34 pm

Mike, in my case it's all of the above. When I want to rough it, I take the Dalton. When I want to have a little comfort, I take the Scotsman 8) .

Have a good day,
Gage

http://gages-56.com/trailr.html
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:16 pm

Why is the Dalton roughing it young man. You've got some explaining to do!!!

Mike...

Gage wrote:Mike, in my case it's all of the above. When I want to rough it, I take the Dalton. When I want to have a little comfort, I take the Scotsman 8) .

Have a good day,
Gage

http://gages-56.com/trailr.html
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:07 pm

"Why is the Dalton roughing it young man. You've got some explaining to do!!! "
Young man?...Thank you. 8) Well let's see. The Scotsman has running water, not pump. Has a DVD, VCR, Sterio CD radio, Sat TV and a larger mattress for fooling around with the kids mother (when she puts down her book and turns off the light). But I will admit that she can't bake me a big Chocolate Cake in the Scotsman where as she can in the Dalton. :lol:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby OurStuff4You » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:29 am

Comforts such as ... vents! We have a stove built into the tear (original). Sink with running water (gravity feed from the tank hidden inside the tear). Cushy mattress thanks to the previous owner who did custom upholstery. However, even with the crank windows open it is HOT in this thing in the summer. I need to find one of those tents that attaches to the doorway so we can have a door propped open without losing privacy. Any suggestions?

Rhonda
OurStuff4You
Donating Member

Postby BufordT » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:56 am

You could go to the wilddog website and build a screen like the one on the honeymoon trailer for two. It attaches to the side of the tear for privacy.

Truck stops have little 12 volt fans which can be plugged into the battery and move air around the tear.

Bufordt :twisted:

I need to find one of those tents that attaches to the doorway so we can have a door propped open without losing privacy. Any suggestions?

Rhonda[/quote]
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:17 am

"I need to find one of those tents that attaches to the doorway so we can have a door propped open without losing privacy. Any suggestions?"

Bufordt & Rhonda,

Have one made. They are simple. I picked up some matl. on ebay and then took a sketch to the local tent & canvas shop where they are making it for me. It's going to attach to the tear with snaps (I've seen some that attach via a awning rail) along the upper edge then come out about 5' to a pair of tent poles (6' high), then down to the ground. There will also be sides that I can roll up durning the day, all three. At night, just roll them down and velcro them together. It's also large enought to be a dressing room and a place to put the porta potty. Piece of cake. As soon as I get it back, I'll take and post pictures. I don't know how much it's going to cost yet but the but the man at the shop said it would cost less than trying to find one to convert for the tear.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby BufordT » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:58 am

Would like to see pic's of that Gage. Most people now a day don't use those they just set up a tent over the tear. This may be a better way to go.

Bufordt :twisted:
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Gage » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:34 am

I set up an ezup over mine with sides, but being on teardrop time when I set it up. It usaully take me about 1/2 hour. The room addition I've sketched up and having made should only take about 5 minutes to set up (mind you, that not being in a hurry, again Teardrop Time 8) . I'll get pictures posted as soon as I get it back. I've got a pic of one sym to it somewhere. I'll see if I can locate it.

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion