Hey fellas check this out

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Hey fellas check this out

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 pm

This is waht im looking for, EXATCLY, but its way to much cash, how boout buildign soemthign like htis?
I see the cargo trailers all over hte palce and they are as cheap as 800 bucks. cut the side out and we are good to go
any suggestions?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=66470
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby JamesW » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:22 pm

Not exactly a Tear Drop but you could sell burritos and tacos!
JamesW
Teardrop Master

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:31 pm

Bob,
That looks very similar to the drawing that you emailed to me.
An 800.00 Cargo trailer may be a cost effective way to go, just be sure you find one the right size. You'll probably need to beef up the framing around the perimeter where you're going to make a cut-out. I've seen similar trailers, like the one you have in mind, at race tracks, used to sell T-Shirts and Hats. Maybe you could find one allready with a side that opens into an awning. Just figure out how much room you're going to need. About the only thing that you haven't mentioned as far as tailgating goes, is a hot tub.

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:35 pm

Im jsut gonna need some coaching on cutting out hte pull out and water proofing it all. Know what I mean? THat one on ebay is perfect, shoot maybe one will come along jsut like it
I wrote an email to teh person selling asking about how thye did it
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:43 pm

Bob,
I think I got it! Try this link:http://www.concessiontrailersusa.com/ and click on Our Competitors. They even sell used trailers when they get them. Don't limit your seach to that one website. I did a search on Concession Trailers

One of the websites refers to the trailer you have in mind as the Line Up Concession Trailer.

Postby tdthinker » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:44 pm

I can tell just by looking at that trailer that it wasnt made like that, it was converted. And that is ok for a conversion. The trailer itself unconverted is worth alot more than that. And I wouldnt say that consesion stands are cheep running from 8,000 to 50,000 and higher. I think it would be worth putting a bid on, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby Spook » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:10 pm

Have you looked at this one at GlenL ?
http://glen-l.com/campers/sequoia.html
Spook - Ball Ground, Georgia
Spook
Teardrop Builder

Postby tdthinker » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:01 pm

Spook is right, it will be cheeper to just build your own, And hey, when there are plans already made, why not! Keep looking and good luck, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Hey thanks again

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:20 pm

Yeah I know that trailer was done by them, I sent them an email asking how they accomplished it. You are right about the concession trailers they are way too expensive.
I have look at the sequia nad it seems like it would be fairly easy to build, what size trailer would I be using with that? Im going to get my trailer from Harbor Freight (unless you cna suggest a cheaper place)
Let em ask you this in regard to the Sequia, is it possible to change the interirio layout with out ruining hte structural integrity of the trailer??????????
I really dont like how its set up, I woul no use those wardrobe closets at all. They are a ton of things Id do differentyl to the inside, is that possible??????????
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Shrug53 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:18 pm

Anything is possible once you understand the basics of structural stability. Took me about two weeks to really get behind the concepts with the help of the advice I got here. All you really need is a basic design, and few bits of information and then you just kind of build. sumner did that with his trailer, and all the guys I see at the local car show did thiers the same way. No plans. Just a concept. It isw the same way I built my 53 Chevy out of a truck full of parts. Just kinda did it after making myself a basic outline.
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Return to General Discussion