Over 5000 messages

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Over 5000 messages

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:02 am

Hey guys,

I just looked, and we have over 5000 messages here already. Wow, are we collecting information here or what! :o

I remember looking at the other board last year, which after a number of years finally had 10,000 messages. And we're at 5000 after some 4 odd months... I got it hand it to you guys, you're good.

Let's keep up the good work! You know we already have a wealth of information in those messages. :shock:

Mike... :D
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Hey Mike

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:29 am

Greate site!!!! I absolutely love it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I go back to work. Anyway jsut outta curiosity what does it cost you a month to run htis nad about how much time does it take? Not including all the mock up-s and psots you put on hre. :lol:
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:31 am

I spend all my time and all my money on this. That includes mockups and real teardrop/tiny travel trailers, and traveling to get photos. :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:43 am

what does it cost you a month to run this nand about how much time does it take? Not including all the mock up-s and posts you put on hre. Thinking of starting something similar for tailgating purposes
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:04 am

Cuddo's and high 5's mike,,great sight with great participation,,

thanks,,chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:26 am

TAILGATINGnNUT wrote:what does it cost you a month to run this nand about how much time does it take? Not including all the mock up-s and posts you put on hre. Thinking of starting something similar for tailgating purposes

Figure the costs of a server or webpage somewhere, allow plenty of bandwidth, the costs, where applicable of the software, and most importantly, the time to run it.

Quite frankly, I think you're going to find that there is not much interest in tailgating trailers per se. You might be better off to save that money and use it to build your trailer, letting the existing boards handle the relatively low volume of teardrop and tiny travel trailer construction.

Just my $.02 worth.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Shrug53 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:30 am

It is not just the cost. Being a webmaster involves a lot of work. I aggree with Mike, for such a small special interest group you are better off on an existing board. I run several sites of my own and can only afford to do that because I run and maintain the sites of several previous clients as well.
"Better living through reckless experimentation"
http://www.forgottenclassics.com
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:44 am

I'm sure there are more people interested in tailgating then building tears. DO a search on yahoo and see what comes up. Oh well just a thoguth
thanks guys
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Shrug53 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:02 am

By all means, do not let us stop you. The actual monetary cost for me is less than a dollar a day. The real cost comes in the amount of work you have to put in to a site. But if you really love what you do, it is worth it.
Shrug53
500 Club

Re: Over 5000 messages

Postby Shrug53 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:08 am

mikeschn wrote:Hey guys,

I just looked, and we have over 5000 messages here already. Wow, are we collecting information here or what! :o

I remember looking at the other board last year, which after a number of years finally had 10,000 messages. And we're at 5000 after some 4 odd months... I got it hand it to you guys, you're good.

Let's keep up the good work! You know we already have a wealth of information in those messages. :shock:

Part of the reason you get such good traffic is that you do not mind new ideas. You like experimenting around and trying out new things. You do not go around banning people from your board while screaming "not a real teardrop!"

Of course that is why you named the board like you did. In my opinion any trailer shorter than my car is a tiny trailer.

You encourage, while others discourage.

To Mike! Grand High PooBah of Trailers!
Shrug53
500 Club

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:16 am

Correction
GRAND POOBHAH OF MINI TRAILERS
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:48 am

Thanks guys...

We're doing a good job asking the right questions and getting some good answers here... lets keep it up!!! :D

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby RC » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:22 pm

mikeschn wrote:Thanks guys...

We're doing a good job asking the right questions and getting some good answers here... lets keep it up!!! :D

Mike...

And you keep up the excellent work Mike.
It worked until I fixed it!!!
RC
Teardrop Master

Postby tdthinker » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:38 pm

When I have to go to school it will be a bummer. I am help in my free periods so I can check the forum when not busy. bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Re: Over 5000 messages

Postby BufordT » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:57 am

mikeschn wrote:Hey guys,

Mike wanted to tell you what a great job you are doing. Thanks for the board and thanks for your time. I've enjoyed reading and posting here since April.

I enjoy all the new projects and subjects that are being talked about here each and everyday.

Keep up the good work and Long live T&TTT

Bufordt :D :D :D :D
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Next

Return to General Discussion