Anyone has ideas for tattoos

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby beyond23 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:44 am

I was wondering has anyone any idea about tattoos, I was thinking of having a new tattoo but wanted it to be very unique so decided to design my own :? honestly i have no idea about how Photoshop works but i found a site, it has limited options but allows you to create a good decent tattoo, it has limitations but since its free it was worth an effort. So my questions does anyone has tattoos and where and how did you choose the design? Very keen and interested and yes the site i was taking about is this http://www.tattoofontmaker.com
beyond23
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Anyone has ideas for tattoos

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Here's mine:

I collected bits of artwork from past Dam Gatherings, combined it with the artwork for Tales & Trails, the Teardrop Times (all by Wm. Harper), sketched out how I wanted it combined, then handed it to my tattooist and he did the rest. A good tattoo artist will be able to take your ideas and sample artwork and create a masterpiece! But be prepared, a masterpiece tattoo will NOT be an inexpensive tattoo ... :shock: ... but, IMHO, if it is something you will have on you for the rest of your life, spend the money and wear it with pride ... :D ...!
Good luck, and ...
CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Greg M » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:57 am

Once in a while I think about getting a bike chain on the inside of my left leg, because the recumbents I've built have the first chain on that side.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Dale M. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:00 am

I'm not really a fan of tattoos...Oh its art, and many tattoo artists are real artist but I would rather see art on paper and not human body.. Really doesn't say much to me other than "why"... If you want to that your decision, but I wonder about the statement you are trying to make... OR you doing it just because other's are doing it...

No, I'm not going to hate you or think bad of you if you do it...

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Pixie Susan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:09 am

I wanted essentially the same thing for almost 15 yrs. I'm a fan of traditional Japanese and always have been. The Phoenix transcends all cultures and it's always held appeal to me. I hadn't gotten the large piece because of money, society's impressions, judgements, etc. The older I got, the more self actualized I became and I still wanted that Japanese Phoenix. So 15 years didn't seem like a rash decision. I watch people struggle and fight with cancer everyday at my job. I hold many a hand when they come to pass. I hear the regrets people have at the end of their lives and the "I wish I had" and the "what if's". Life is short. The needle is broken on my 'give a šh!t-o-meter' when it comes to others' opinions on any aspect of my life that doesn't directly involve their wellbeing. Therefore, when I was 39, I started an early bday present to myself. I'm 40 and have 2 more sessions on this massive mother and I love it. It isn't for others. It's for me. And it can't be taken from me.

So how did I come up with the actual design? When I was serious and ready to lay the money on the table, I researched artists based on their specialties ( traditional, new school, color, black/white, Japanese) and perused their portfolios. When I found one, I scheduled a consultation and submitted all the photos I could pertaining to subject and style. We met, talked a lot, he took notes and I paid a deposit. At the follow up he had the custom drawing ready, tweaked a couple things, resized, made his stencil and we got to work. I found someone whom I trusted in their artistry and interpretation. It's going to be on me forever, so I was patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pixie Susan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:28 am

I've never understood tattoos myself but have seen some real beauties. One was a ladies back, a tree with a owl in it. My daughter is designing one. A tree with a crooked trunk of vertebrae and rainbow colored branches to represent her scoliosis and rods she has in her back.

I gotta say Grant's is awesome
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Pixie Susan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:08 am

PKCSPT wrote:I've never understood tattoos myself but have seen some real beauties. One was a ladies back, a tree with a owl in it. My daughter is designing one. A tree with a crooked trunk of vertebrae and rainbow colored branches to represent her scoliosis and rods she has in her back.

I gotta say Grant's is awesome

Would love to see your daughter's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pixie Susan
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PKCSPT » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

When she gets it done I will share it.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Return to General Discussion