Bad tire wear - tire shop recommended alignment for teardrop

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Bad tire wear - tire shop recommended alignment for tear

Postby Nobody » Tue May 23, 2017 4:14 pm

tony.latham wrote:
Nobody wrote:Thanks Tony. I've made quite a few posts in the past 10yrs & hope I've helped someone. I only ever post suggestions/observations when I think my experience(s) may help someone, or when specific questions are asked. I think some of my ideas/beliefs may 'turn off' some members but most of 'em come from a lifetime (77yrs) of camping & various RV use/observations...

I think some of your sense comes from the days you wore that heavy belt. :applause: :thumbsup:

Tony

You may well be correct. Fellow 'picks' up considerable knowledge (& occasionally a little wisdom) 'on the street'. Nowadays that 'heavy belt' would probably slip off my body. I don't have enough fanny left to reliably hold up my trousers. Cuffcase, Model 27-1, Non-lethal spray case, badge/credentials holder, & whatever else the powers-that-be decreed we carry, got pretty heavy. Sometimes I'm required to double up & use suspenders & a belt to insure I don't lose anything important... :) . Gettin' old ain't for sissies but I guess it beats the alternative!
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Tue May 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Nobody wrote:
tony.latham wrote:
Nobody wrote:Thanks Tony. I've made quite a few posts in the past 10yrs & hope I've helped someone. I only ever post suggestions/observations when I think my experience(s) may help someone, or when specific questions are asked. I think some of my ideas/beliefs may 'turn off' some members but most of 'em come from a lifetime (77yrs) of camping & various RV use/observations...

I think some of your sense comes from the days you wore that heavy belt. :applause: :thumbsup:

Tony

You may well be correct. Fellow 'picks' up considerable knowledge (& occasionally a little wisdom) 'on the street'. Nowadays that 'heavy belt' would probably slip off my body. I don't have enough fanny left to reliably hold up my trousers. Cuffcase, Model 27-1, Non-lethal spray case, badge/credentials holder, & whatever else the powers-that-be decreed we carry, got pretty heavy. Sometimes I'm required to double up & use suspenders & a belt to insure I don't lose anything important... :) . Gettin' old ain't for sissies but I guess it beats the alternative!

Mine was a G23, two mags, a collapsible baton, one cuff case and a small can of OC. Tough on a guy's back.

It does beat the alternative. :beer:

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby dancam » Sun May 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Negative camber doesnt wear tires until its over -3 degrees. Its the toe or thrust angle that does. The more negative your camber gets the less toe in you want. Alignments can be done on trailers but must be done fully loaded. You get shims like this for rear axles of fwd cars to shim for camber and toe. Should be able to use something similar on a trailer.
Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby CanuckShooter » Sun May 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Jiminsav wrote:looks to me like it's over loaded. or the axle isn't strong enough for the trailer..if you put a 1000 pound load on a 800 pound rated axle, it'll do that.

I put a 2500 lb load on a 3500 lb axle and it did that too.
CanuckShooter
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to General Discussion