Dead forum.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Dead forum.

Postby TimC » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:20 pm

I joined the forum sometime in 2015 when I started planning my first Benroy Teardrop. It was fun recording progress and asking questions. Now, I really think twice about responding to questions, making suggestions and asking questions. One reason is TD#1 is in use and I'm not "enhancing" it's features much these days. TD#2 is in process and will likely be until next spring. I started a build journal with that build, but, I haven't been very consistent with photographing and/or posting my progress . I just haven't had many questions like I did with TD#1. I read "New Posts" and "My Psots" a couple times a week but because of a couple really unexpected responses to my replies I've decided to just keep quiet. I was trying to be helpful, but, it definitely wasn't taken that way. And then someone posted a suggestion that I just shut up and just read the posts without response (like that would make a really interesting forum!) I think that is just the nature of this internet beast. For similar reasons (the nature of the internet) It's also the reason I quit Facebook and cable news. I'm much happier these days reading the local paper, a couple weekly magazines and watching network news to keep up to date.

I think my experience with "unexpected responses" to my comments is a very rare occurrence on this forum. I have only seen a couple instances of someones hackles being raised while posting. I give a lot of the credit to the wonderful folks that are here to help and show examples of how they have addressed challenges.

Hey Slow, any updates on the eclipse in your area? Is there going to be a crazy one day influx of folks craning their necks skyward in your backyard? My brother is heading that way and is paying over $200 at some mom and pop hotel for a night so they can be sure to see it. He said it is one of a few areas where he is almost assured to have clear skies.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Fenlason wrote:No No... It's Resting...

Lovely plumage.. :lol:

Pining for the fiords...
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby mcubberley » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:03 pm

I would post more if there wasn't already a post that gives me more details than I need. That's a testimony to the quality and depth of info available here. I am probably going to end up buying the trailer my students built so I will be going back and upgrading the skinning. You will hear more questions from me here soon.

www.themodernshopteacher.com
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Postby HMK » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:04 pm

I found this place around 10 years ago. I never got around to building one and now I'm not able. I still love this place and visit often. Some of my favorite builds were

Desert Dawg (Joanne)
Jelly Belly (the yellow jelly bean looking tear)
Puffin (a small black and white standy.)
HMK
Teardrop Master

Postby Vedette » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:43 pm

I agree that it much slower here lately.
But that is usually the case in the summer while we are out enjoying our teardrops rather than working on them.
Usually winter project for most. :thinking:
And during the winter it is a nice place to visit, to see what the folks in the lower states are doing while e look out our windows at snow.
Also, as this is more of a building forum , you get a lot of people that are here just for the duration of their own build to gather information or show off what they are doing.
I personally would like to see more people posting there personal camping picture (although posting pictures on this forum is a process) and organizing small gathering or campouts in their areas.
As for being a "Dead Forum" the number of posts to this one thread in the past 24 hours proves that that not to be true.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PS
We wish the Tear Jerkers Forum was even half this "Active"! :cry:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby Greg M » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:54 am

Less typing, more working on Kermit...
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby gudmund » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:18 am

hey, some people do still have to work for a living :thumbdown: ......... some anyway :beer:
gudmund
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Vedette » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 am

Greg M wrote:Less typing, more working on Kermit...

Thanks Greg
I need a gentle push sometimes, but have had so many other things on my plate this past year, that not much has been done on poor Kermit since you were here last. :cry:
Seems like just yesterday? ;)
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby friz » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:12 am

Greg M wrote:
Fenlason wrote:No No... It's Resting...

Lovely plumage..

Pining for the fiords...

Typical of a Norwegian Blue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby working on it » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:15 am

slowcowboy wrote:I have never in 5 years or better seen the lack of interest in the t and ttt forum as it is now....crazy but today was the first time in 5 years there was no new post from any one on the general threads...wow people are looseing interest this year in the forum bad! I still swear the lack of interest is due to Facebook controlling people's lives...but that's bad when the general forum thread has no new posts on it in a day by noon...i think the boom days of the tand ttt forum are history like the big gatherings in California....its sad to see...it was such a fun site before Facebook years ago...i used to hang out here all day long and half the night and never touch Facebook now the forum.is dying...slowcowboy..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
  • Some things change, others don't; there is a periodic downturn in posts around this time every year. You're just re-hashing a topic you started in another thread on 6-9-13...http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56109.
  • slowcowboy wrote:been following the forom for 4 years now and noticed since march a down turn in intrest on the forum. lots people dropped off the forum from posting lake of intrest in subject areas for weeks on end. and then people trying to reiview the bordism and like on the vintage camping gear forum the bord ones trying to reivew intrest ended up in crashing some good treads.

for some reason the peoople just are not into the forum any more like they used to be. some treads that used to be busy are now sitting with no one writing in for weeks same with hole subject catorgys.

is everyone camping?

I mean whats going on. are we all bored with the teardrop idea?

I mean in years past even with camping season coming on or summer starting we still had livly discuscusions going on on the forum during summer camping season

its like the dam gathering normaly after such a large gathering trip treads and photos would be hitting the trip section and people would be posting photos all over the forum'

now its like the dam gathering hardly even exsisted and no really gives a dam about the gathering or what went on when they got home!!!!!!!

we never saw on the forum hardly a photo one of the dam gathering most of it was hid on the jefferson site and the trip section never saw a single photo hit it or a single part of any ones road trip to the gathering.

its like folks don't care about the forum any more and so they never gave a dang about down loading there trip photos of the dam gathering to the forum.

vintage camping section used to be hot with a post every day and folks busy in the coleman restoration now its hardly got a current tread on it.

whats up?

what happened to the people caring about or giving a dang about the furum.

for some reason this spring the forum went deader than I have seen it in 4 years.

and it isn't becuase we are all busy with summer camping or other things.

I hate to say it theres a big time lacke of intrest in the forum any more.

we had plenty going on the on the forum the last 4 years during this spring to summer time. and camping season.

something happend to the forum and I can't figure out why people got dis intrested in it.

slow
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 am

At least we have a few Python fans. :D :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby ChefConroy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:19 pm

The tapatalk app absolutely sucks, so that limits my involvement.
I'm not on my laptop that much these days, as well. Unfortunately, too, I am a facebook poster, so when I want to share build pics, they go there. I can't be bothered to post to facebook, then upload to another app to be able to post here. I figure when I'm done, I'll post a grand and complete build log, but until then, a few quick snaps and back to work.
I'm separated from my build site by a good 30 miles, so my weekends are precious, and time is limited then.
So posting here is just a bitch sometimes. I do stop to read occasionally, but so many times the app loses the link through it's shitty programming that I can't be bothered.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
ChefConroy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Redneck Packrat » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:00 pm

I hear ya about Tapatalk. I've given up on that. Biggest frustercation being, no ability to edit using it, and autocorrect on my stupid phone. I'm convinced that the only 'smarts' a smart phone has is what it's sucked out of its owner! After I posted that I had sh** a coat of paint onto the frame, and do something else frugal/thrifty that would let me shave monkey, I deleted the post when I got home and redid it. I swore I'd never post with tapatalk again. (I've since relented on that, but I proofread 2-3 times before hitting send!)

I generally don't post until evening, unless replying to a comment on my own build thread or if I know an answer from personal experience. People take the time to make a comment, I want to acknowledge it as soon as I can. It's just the right thing to do, ya know? But otherwise, I tend to keep to myself until I have something pertinent to add. Or something funny, that works, too :lol:

But as far as slowing down, I have only a bit over a month of experience here, and it's on the short list of first places I check in the mornings. Usually during the first cup of coffee. Lots of knowledge on this site, lots of good minds with the agility to see problems and solutions. :thumbsup:
Bill
Texas Gulf coast, near Corpus

Working on this, started 5/2017: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=68614

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield :?
Redneck Packrat
Teardrop Master

Postby VT800C » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:14 am

It's Pinein' for the Fijords.

I'm not camping (technically I'm not working either... ) but I am planning for my next outing in a couple of weeks. until then I'll just look for new and better ideas.
VT800C
Teardrop Builder

Postby Tucguy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:02 pm

We just returned from a five week trip to the Philippines to visit my wife's family. Maybe camp this fall if it ever cools off here. Hottest June in history in Tucson. 8)
Tucguy
Teardrop Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion