Now that photobucket is dead...

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Now that photobucket is dead...

Postby Trevor57 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:59 pm

What service can I use to host pictures to post up here? I am nearing the end of my build, and can't even post pictures.
Trevor57
Teardrop Builder

Re: Now that photobucket is dead...

Postby mcubberley » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Trevor57 wrote:What service can I use to host pictures to post up here? I am nearing the end of my build, and can't even post pictures.

Some have moved to imgur.com

I built my own host at shoppics.org

If you use the Tapatalk app then they are hosted at tnttt or you can build your gallery at tnttt.com but I haven't tried working with that yet.

Hope those options help.
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm

How is photobucket dead? I just used it. What are the problems?
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Imgur

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:How is photobucket dead? I just used it. What are the problems?

It's now a subscription.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 pm

tony.latham wrote:
Woodbutcher wrote:How is photobucket dead? I just used it. What are the problems?

It's now a subscription.

Tony

Ahh, I use it to host all my pics, so I am subscribed. I did not realize the free hosting went away. Thanks
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 pm

This forum has a user gallery, unlike many that do not. That can be used to upload images to and then those images can be linked to our posted messages. The method needs some practice to become second nature. The beauty is the images are stored here and as long as there is a TnTTT the images will not go away.

topic
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:54 am

MtnDon wrote:This forum has a user gallery, unlike many that do not. That can be used to upload images to and then those images can be linked to our posted messages. The method needs some practice to become second nature. The beauty is the images are stored here and as long as there is a TnTTT the images will not go away.

topic

I use it with no issues. :thumbsup:
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:38 am

Yes , use the Gallery … :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:21 am

Holy smokes I just looked out of curiosity I have 2220 images in the gallery :shock:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Dale M. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am

New policy at Photobucket is if you use it for picture hosting (third party) they want to charge you $399 a year to provide that service... So for most of us that use it for that purpose, it's broken if you don't what to pay the fee...

If you are seeing image below, you know the the new photobucket policy is in force...

I use Flickr for my hosting service... They have not gone over to the dark side (yet)...

https://www.flickr.com/

I believe one may also use their personal "cloud" storage for hosting, but personally I don't use "cloud" storage because I see it as one day I will see something like "If you want access to your cloud data it will be $19.99 a month".... It's the future of computing/internet...

Dale
Last edited by Dale M. on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby low277 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:48 pm

I have been trying unsuccessfully to upload pictures to my gallery here so that I can then post in my build thread. It keeps telling me the file size is too large. I'll keep trying, but it's not real user friendly to a novice computer operator. ;)
NW Minnesota
low277
Donating Member

Postby Dale M. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 am

low277 wrote:I have been trying unsuccessfully to upload pictures to my gallery here so that I can then post in my build thread. It keeps telling me the file size is too large. I'll keep trying, but it's not real user friendly to a novice computer operator. ;)

Why it keeps rejecting you pics is they are to large in data size (k bits) not physical dimension...

Try using a free program that will resize the pictures to 640x480 or 800x600 pixels and save them in compressed format like JPG or PNG....

Program I like for PC is called Irfanview and it is free... Load pic, select what size you want picture in "resize" option and press save... HOWEVER do no save resized picture over original because it will be forever changed... Always save resized picture with new file name so original is unmolested...

http://irfanview.com

THere are also online services you can upload picture to and it will do resize for you and then you download modified picture... A little search will locate such services...

I prefer to do my own picture mods because sometine I want to crop out extra space, do a bit of color enhancement or fuzz out licence plate numbers or add water marks to pictures...

Dale
Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Any statement made by me are strictly my own opinion.
You are free to ignore anything I say if you do not agree.

Dale M.
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Trevor57 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks guys. I have used the gallery before, and realized why I stopped. I is a very good resource, but resizing dozens of pictures, and then uploading to gallery is very time consuming if you are dumb like me. I will try flickr.
Trevor57
Teardrop Builder

Postby mcubberley » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Trevor57 wrote:Thanks guys. I have used the gallery before, and realized why I stopped. I is a very good resource, but resizing dozens of pictures, and then uploading to gallery is very time consuming if you are dumb like me. I will try flickr.

That's why I set up my self hosted site with a large upload size and then the server resizes and offers embed codes for thumbnail,medium,full as well as linked and bbcode. It also plays well with my iPhone. People are free to poke around and create no strings attached accounts. I had the server space for another reason so thought this was a decent use.

Feel free to message me with questions. Info is in my signature.
Some day I will figure out something to put here. But for now....
mcubberley
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to General Discussion