InTech Introduces Teardrop Design

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

InTech Introduces Teardrop Design

Postby Cathy P. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:13 am

I saw that InTech will be introducing a "teardrop" in it looks like the very near future. There are no specs or anything as yet, and it will be introduced in a dealer only show in Elkhart. I saw it on FB, only design photo and found it at this link on their website: http://www.intechrv.com/news.php I like the looks, but not sure how aerodynamic the front would be as it is very different from what else is out there. Can't wait to see specs/photos of the real thing. I am still searching diligently for "perfect' or as close as I can get! Any thoughts?
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: InTech Introduces Teardrop Design

Postby kramergwt » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Looks cool. For me and some of my friends that built them, we see it as a sort of historical reenactment, to relive a great part of history with American ingenuity. So, while the new modern styles look cool, I'm still drawn towards the traditional designs. ...but that's just me. Also building a 1932 airplane from plans for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
kramergwt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby G-Mac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm

They will have a real one at Overland Expo East.

Looks kind of cool and retro-futuristic. Like something the 1950's thought the future would have.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
Build (Mod) Thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67873
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vedette » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I don't like the front either.
Would be like towing a brick aerodynamically???
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby G-Mac » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am

I would agree that the front is less aerodynamic than a traditional teardrop, especially when towed behind a small or low profile vehicle, but the rounded sides and overall height are likely more aerodynamic than a standard cargo trailer.

I will be curious to see what the exact configuration is with the front window. Airstream recognized that the front window will take a beating and put a hard shade over it that closes to protect the glass. Even if this is a lean or something that can take a beating, it is bound to get chips or "sand blasting" if it isn't covered.

I'm just disappointed that I'm not going to OE East to see it in person.

On another note, I own one of their campers (MAX Flyer) and the build quality is fantastic. I'll be really curious to see one of these in person.
Gary
InTech RV MAX Flyer
Build (Mod) Thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67873
G-Mac
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Cathy P. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am

We have a window that appears to be like that on the Hi-Lo. I don't think much of it. It has no shield to it, has some scratches (we bought it used anyway), but the sun despite the material probably is supposed to reflect it away, comes in full blast hot, so I had to line it with Reflectix, makes it an eye sore and useless as a window. When I see more details, I'll post them.

Got a few details: interior width is 69", interior length is about 7', the interior height at the peak is 55". I'm kind of liking the little bite larger size.
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion