Winter Teardrop Season in the South

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Winter Teardrop Season in the South

Postby Vedette » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 pm

We are heading out tomorrow for our "Last Gasp Campout here in the PNW.
We wish we were calling it the "On Our Way II Gathering. and we were continuing south as so many of our "Snowbird Friends" are doing at this time of year.
Most with bigger RVs have left this past week (they all like to be thru Washington and Oregon by Nov. 1st as the weather gets unpredictable on the higher elevation passes). :NC
For the past 3 years we have started off our Teardrop Camping season in late April, with the On Our Way Gathering (where we meet our camping friends for a weekend while on our way south to the Shasta Lake Gathering) as we head for the first warm weather of our season.
But. our future plan would be to continue south from our "Last Gasp Campout" and spend the winter in Arizona, taking in some of the great Teardrop events scheduled Nov. to Apr. :thumbsup:
At this point we can only dream of being "Teardrop Snowbirds" ;) Maybe next year??????
Need to get Kermit finished.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi :wine: :wine:
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Re: Winter Teardrop Season in the South

Postby gudmund » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:02 am

get Kermit done?? :thinking: :beer: could be seeing you on Sat.? :beer:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby friz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am

I'm thinking about planning a trip with the wife to the "Redneck Riviera" i.e. gulf coast this winter. Any suggestions?
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby ae6black » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 am

I am in Western Pa and my camping season has just begun. Really bummed that half the State Campgrounds where I want to camp next to the gamelands where pheasants are stocked are closed for the season. I camp year round in the Tear.

Art
ae6black
Silver Donating Member

Postby jondbar628 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey Friz...The "gulf coast" covers a lot of territory......If you're talking Fl, state campgrounds usually restrict you to two continuous weeks stay in the high season. ( There seems to be "selective enforcement" of this in many state c.g.'s. Annual regulars are reputed to get favorable treatment in many cases). It IS FL after all....corruption is our middle name.....Nonetheless, I know several who spend the winter here moving to a new c.g. every two weeks. They love the variety of moving around the entire state. This does require planning and advance reservations....(hard to get this late in the season).........jg
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby mkitchen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 am

Although we are already in the southwest, we hope to get over to the TX gulf coast for a bit this winter to enjoy the migratory bird population. In addition to that, we are looking forward to spending time exploring more of the southwest as well.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion