NEW CD COMING!

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby D. Tillery » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:20 am

Shrug,
Thank you for your enthusiasm, effort and dedication to this site. Please remind me how to order one of those CDs. D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby denverd0n » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:53 pm

The fact that Shrug is supposedly not selling the "other" plans doesn't matter. It is still a violation of copyright laws to copy and GIVE AWAY copyrighted material. In that sense, Dan is absolutely right.

On the other hand, all the stuff that Shrug is selling is old enough that the original copyrights would have expired. The only question, then, is whether or not the copyright holders ever renewed the rights on any of these articles. If they did then Shrug is violating the law by distributing them. If they didn't then he is not.

The fact that lots of other people are violating copyright laws by selling stuff on e-bay doesn't make it okay for yet another person to do so. My daddy taught me a long time ago that "two wrongs don't make a right." Unfortunately, the ease with which things are copied and distributed on the internet has encouraged a lot of folks to ignore the copyright laws.

I don't know if Shrug is violating the copyright laws or not. I'm quite sure that he doesn't know either. If you wish to buy something that might--or might not--be illegal, that's up to you. Just as long as you're aware of what you're doing.
denverd0n
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:30 pm

Put me down for one CD and I'll make a 20.00 donation to help cover expenses, going to get the CD, buying equipment to burn CD. Not paying for the contents of CD!!!!! :D If you don't want one, don't worry about it. :? Now, where do I send the donation? :shock:

Frank

PS Maybe we ought to send Mike some donations too, for all the work, time, money he spends giving us this board!!! :D
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion