Need A favor - Testing My Website

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

I lost my web page when Comcast shut their hosting service down. I've finally learned barely enough to start up another one. Can people click on the link below and let me know if it doesn't work? There's a Teardrop Trailer Build link in the banner as well as the Boxcar Build. It's very much under construction so there's plenty of links to nowhere.

http://blog.bdosborn.com/

Also, let me know if I shared my whole network to the internet or something bad like that. :shock: :?
Thanks,
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Looks good Bruce. I visited every page but didn't click every link.

Well done!

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1668
Images: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:52 pm
Location: Grants Pass Oregon

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby adker27 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:31 pm

bdosborn wrote:I lost my web page when Comcast shut their hosting service down. I've finally learned barely enough to start up another one. Can people click on the link below and let me know if it doesn't work? There's a Teardrop Trailer Build link in the banner as well as the Boxcar Build. It's very much under construction so there's plenty of links to nowhere.

http://blog.bdosborn.com/

Also, let me know if I shared my whole network to the internet or something bad like that. :shock: :?
Thanks,
Bruce
It works, also looks pretty good. I like the Boxcar. How much to build another teardrop?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
adker27
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:01 pm
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby working on it » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

bdosborn wrote:...Also, let me know if I shared my whole network to the internet or something bad like that. :shock: :?
Thanks,
Bruce
If I can read your address, so can everyone else, right? Unless you found a way to block it if the viewer isn't a member here. Come to think of it, that alone doesn't make it safe...I sure wouldn't trust someone who looks and thinks like me to know my address. As a wise man once said..."I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members". Groucho Marx
  • 2013 HHRv,"squareback/simple" TTT, semi-offroad? 4x8, 2000+ lbs travel weight
  • featuring:
    • 3500 lb Dexter axle,
    • 27x8.5-14LT tires,
    • LED lighting,
    • A/C & heat,Optima AGM battery,
    • extended-run 2500w generator,
    • Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern
  • 147697148333125895
  • 148599148106
User avatar
working on it
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1527
Images: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: DFW Texas
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Cool, it works! Thanks for checking it out. And I probably wont be building anymore trailers; that fire is out! :(

working on it wrote:I sure wouldn't trust someone who looks and thinks like me to know my address.


The address is for our property in Red Feather, that's a picture of it on the Home page. You'll have to work at it to get there, it's behind a gate on private roads. :twisted: But if you make it, be sure to camp and burn some of that wood. We've got too much. :lol:

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby tony.latham » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:55 pm

The address is for our property in Red Feather, that's a picture of it on the Home page.


Are you going to build there, Bruce? Looks like neat country.

Tony
Image
User avatar
tony.latham
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 2314
Images: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm
Location: Middle of Idaho on the edge of nowhere
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Looks good but you might want to reconsider having your address on it, that can be an invitation to folks you might not want. A recaptua that lets them contact you.
User avatar
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member
 
Posts: 5611
Images: 192
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Metamora, OH
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 pm

tony.latham wrote:Are you going to build there, Bruce? Looks like neat country.

We were going to build until the cabin catty-corner to us came up for sale for cheaper than we could ever build. So we bought that.
Image
And that is why we don't camp as much as we used to. :(
But it sure is nice to drink beer on the deck and watch the moose wander by. :D

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby tony.latham » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 pm

bdosborn wrote:
tony.latham wrote:Are you going to build there, Bruce? Looks like neat country.

We were going to build until the cabin catty-corner to us came up for sale for cheaper than we could ever build. So we bought that.
Image
And that is why we don't camp as much as we used to. :(
But it sure is nice to drink beer on the deck and watch the moose wander by. :D

Bruce


:thumbsup:

Tony
Image
User avatar
tony.latham
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 2314
Images: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:03 pm
Location: Middle of Idaho on the edge of nowhere
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:Looks good but you might want to reconsider having your address on it, that can be an invitation to folks you might not want. A recaptua that lets them contact you.


Have you Googled yourself lately? Our home address comes up with just my name in Google along with my parents names, my wife's name and the last 3 towns I lived in. The internet is a spooky place.

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby MtnDon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 am

:thumbsup: ...and it is mobile friendly. :)
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
User avatar
MtnDon
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1942
Images: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 pm
Location: New Mexico
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby MtnDon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 am

bdosborn wrote:Cool, it works! Thanks for checking it out. And I probably wont be building anymore trailers; that fire is out! :(

working on it wrote:I sure wouldn't trust someone who looks and thinks like me to know my address.


The address is for our property in Red Feather, that's a picture of it on the Home page. You'll have to work at it to get there, it's behind a gate on private roads. :twisted: But if you make it, be sure to camp and burn some of that wood. We've got too much. :lol:

Bruce


The guys who did a B&E on us didn't use the gate, they drove over/through the barbed wire fence with an ATV and through openings in the trees. They came in thru NF land from NF road. Then spent the day hauling stuff thru the trees to their truck using my ATV and trailer. No neighbors around at the time. They knew the area having grown up there. They didn't need adresses, etc. I wouldn't be as concerned about the adress being listed as I would be about using real time social media... like posting a "look what I just did or went to..." type of thing.

Too much firewood.... people with forest property always have too much wood. Trees grow like weeds. ;)
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
User avatar
MtnDon
1000 Club
1000 Club
 
Posts: 1942
Images: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 pm
Location: New Mexico
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 am

MtnDon wrote::thumbsup: ...and it is mobile friendly. :)


Thanks, I hadn't tried it on my phone yet. Its a little slow though, not sure if that is my server or my phone.
Bruce
Last edited by bdosborn on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton
Top

Re: Need A favor - Testing My Website

Postby bdosborn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 am

MtnDon wrote: The guys who did a B&E on us didn't use the gate, they drove over/through the barbed wire fence with an ATV and through openings in the trees. <snip>


Sometimes people suck. We don't keep anything valuable or irreplaceable at the cabin for that very reason. :NC

Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Image
Boxcar Build
User avatar
bdosborn
Donating Member
 
Posts: 4230
Images: 450
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: CO, Littleton
Top


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest