Chip's Idea

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Chip's Idea

Postby mikeschn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:04 pm

Here's an idea that Chip had that he faxed to me today... What do you guys think?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby BufordT » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:53 am

Great idea but I'm not sure the door will open past the gate on the side of the camper. Might want to put it either in the front or on top as in the pod.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Grant » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:11 pm

I've seen a couple of traditionally-shaped teardrops done the same way. I especially like the way Chip has provided for under-cabin access from the sides. My one suggestion would be to make the cabin 5'W to match the base - you'll certainly enjoy the extra spaciousness inside!

So - are ya gonna build it, Chip?

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Chip » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:52 pm

doubt I will build it,,it was just a idea to bolt Mikes mock-up onto and have a fourth multipurpose camper that is all about utility,,and saving the mock up from the scrap pile,,,OSB aint for every where but in a hunting or fishing unit that is camo'ed then why not,,,as long as it is really sealed up good,,My Girlfriend has told me to stop looking at her trailer already,,she knew something was up when she say me measureing it up last night
Seriously with the base a lot of extra storage could be gained and about a foot or so of foot well space in the cabin,,also if left 4' ya could strap a couple kayacks on the side with out them hanging off too far,,maybe,
heck Mike use the mock up as a prise in the next design contest,,
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:01 pm

Well you're too late to save the weekender mockup... here is all that remains...

Those pieces might surface again if I decide I want to mock up the rear end of the winter warrior, in a 4 foot version... 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion