Hopefully closer to being Back to camping.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Hopefully closer to being Back to camping.

Postby hwitten » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 pm

While my ProLite Suite stayed parked for years due to life interfering with play, I kept re-evaluating usage, or actually lack thereof.
We did many trips in the ProLite and it served us well but even with the comforts we added, as we are getting older, more creature comfort was wanted. We looked at a few larger trailers but always went back to the Prolite as I didn't want to haul unnecessary size around. By unnecessary I mean the space that is simply space. I kept looking around and then eventually I ran across the Aliner Ascape.
It has all the amenities we wanted without excessive 'just space'. Might get a bit tight passing in the 'hallway' but very doable.

A bit heavier that the ProLite but width is within inches.
That was important for me as I didn't want to add width.

Now busy adding some extra 12 volt outlets and changing TV to a 12 volt with DVD.
Have roof AC but may change it to a Fantastic fan.
Switched the RF brake controller from ProLite to Ascape without difficulty.
New tow vehicle is a Volvo XC60 with hitch that is really hidden. Receiver plugs in only when needed.

Looking forward to spring.
hwitten
Teardrop Master

Re: Hopefully closer to being Back to camping.

Postby working on it » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am

I, too, have had to miss many camping opportunities over the past few years; it's been especially disappointing/irksome, since I had planned to camp out even more after retirement came. I retired with some health problems 2 years ago, earlier than I had planned to, though I was already 65, and did little work around the house, and let my cars/trucks/trailer go unattended for almost a year and a half. I attended a gathering last April, finally, and had planned a major trip to follow a few months later, with friends, but had to cancel due to having to completely demolish and replace my home on our lot, because of major structural failures & water leaks that became unrepairable.
So, I've been totally occupied and busy with that project http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69239 since August, and am longing to get away from it, by camping in April again, with our local group, as I had already planned and paid for. I am getting closer to completion of the home changeover, and though I have yet to uncover my TTT in the garage (buried by, and surrounded by items displaced from the prior home). I'll dig it out, restock and refresh it, and have it ready to travel by spring, no matter what!
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to General Discussion