Mawin! RISE AND shine

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Mawin! RISE AND shine

Postby greygoos » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 am

I get up everyday at 430 AM whether camping or not with my internal alarm. I like getting things done while the rest of the world is still sleeping.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby Zomby Woof » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:59 am

It depends on how comfortable we are. Used to be early like 6 or 6:30 but in the last few years it's been getting later like 8/8:30. A few times, after particularly strenuous days, we've actually slept until almost 10.
Zomby Woof
Teardrop Builder

Postby working on it » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:51 am

Zomby Woof wrote:It depends on how comfortable we are. Used to be early like 6 or 6:30 but in the last few years it's been getting later like 8/8:30. A few times, after particularly strenuous days, we've actually slept until almost 10.
  • In my 20's-30's, I only needed 2-3 hours of sleep; in my 40's-50's, 4-6 hours were needed. Now in my late 60's, 8 hours or I'll nod off in my chair during the afternoon. My getting up time was regulated by my job, for 46 years (at my second & final employer), so after I transitioned to the day shift, after 6 years of mixed days & nights, never getting a set pattern or enough sleep (that work schedule also caused me to drop out of college, sans degree), I settled into a 6 am rise time, then a 5 am for 5 years apiece. Later, as I became shift leader, more responsible for getting things going, and commuting from farther out, I got up at 4 am, for 15 years. To make it to work, I moved my time up to 3:30 am for the final 15 years before retirement (due to more traffic/60 miles to work).
  • Now retired, needing 8 hours of sleep, my schedule is different: the dogs (particularly the big hound " Hank", with digestive problems) determine my bedtime, and my boxer dog wakes me up! My wife rises at 6, and lets Hank out, to avoid a mess before I get up, later, so I can sleep 'til Bella the boxer decides it's time.
  • When camping, I can sleep more attuned to my body clock, so I'll get 8 hours of sleep, everytime (with time added for 1 or 2 pit stops, and the frequent severe thunderstorm wake-ups). So far, I've not brought any of my dogs with me, but sometime soon, I might have to. Bentley, the almost-blind 12 year-old Chihuahua we got 4 years ago from my wife's family, has recently become very co-dependent on me, and needs me to watch out for him (literally!). So, I might be taking him with me on my next trip, much to the chagrin of my other co-dependent dog, Chloe the Dorkie (1/2 miniature long-haired Dachshund + 1/2 Yorkie). I'm her human, and she took awhile to accept Bentley becoming my constant companion, in her place, but she's a real vocal yapper, not suited for camping with others, while Bentley is much less vocal (unless he detects chickens...he hates chickens!). But at least, both are puppy-pad reliable, and like to sleep late with me anyhow.
Attachments
camping companion & wake-up alarm choices.jpg
camping companion & wake-up alarm choices.jpg (174.02 KiB) Viewed 393 times
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to General Discussion