Does anyone have photos of early teardrop interiors?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Does anyone have photos of early teardrop interiors?

Postby twkundrat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm looking for any photos of early teardrop trailer interiors (1930's and 1940's). Either homemade or production trailers, doesn't much matter to me. Even if they're in dilapidated condition I'd still be interested in seeing them. I've had a hard time finding very many examples and I'm just curious to see what folks were doing back in the day. I imagine most of them didn't quite have the finished look that many of the restored or homebuilt trailers today have. Thanks in advance for anything you guys turn up.

-Tim
twkundrat
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Does anyone have photos of early teardrop interiors?

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Here's a couple of photos of the interior of my 1948 teardrop, before I made improvements

Interior of cabin

Galley

Door and cabin looking forward

As you can see, it was just bare aluminum. The cabin had two humongous storage lockers, and nothing else, and the galley was missing a work surface and water storage tank.

There's nothing special about the interior of the old trailers other than that they were uniformly spartan.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby twkundrat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 am

Thanks for posting the photos. Just the sort of thing I was looking for. Keep 'em coming folks.
twkundrat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby twkundrat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

As far as the early wood frame teardrop trailers it seems like most of them were either plain plywood sides or open frame walls with no sheathing on the inside. Has anyone seen any teardrops built in the 40's or earlier with interior sheathing?
twkundrat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:14 am

twkundrat wrote:As far as the early wood frame teardrop trailers it seems like most of them were either plain plywood sides or open frame walls with no sheathing on the inside. Has anyone seen any teardrops built in the 40's or earlier with interior sheathing?

Give George a call at http://www.teardropparts.com/

He's rebuilt many-many old teardrops and numerous reproductions. His repros are done with a lightly-stained plywood to mimic the looks of old varnished wood. If your nice, he might tell you the name of the stain.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby twkundrat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:54 am

Thanks for the tip Tony
twkundrat
Teardrop Inspector

Return to General Discussion