How many are fishermen on here???

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: How many are fishermen on here???

Postby tony.latham » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:24 am

slowcowboy wrote:So, how many on the forum are guys who go fishing and use there tear drop for fishing trips???..Slow

Slow:

Don't you need to go rustle up an elk to put in the freezer? (Too much Internet time!)

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aguyfromohio » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Me for one. Love to fish! Northern pike in Canada; walleye in Lake Erie; anything that bites in a farm pond or creek.
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:54 pm

!?!opinions?!? not my cup of tea - costs too much in license fees, can waste just as much time sitting in front of the TV for a lot less $$ (and NO I have NO cable.............) :beer:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby GTS225 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:53 pm

gudmund wrote:!?!opinions?!? not my cup of tea - costs too much in license fees,

************************************************************************************************************

I have no idea where you're located, but if it "costs too much in license fees", then they're taking you to the cleaners. Iowa, for a 62 Y/O resident, charges me $18/calendar year. If I want' to fish for trout, that's an additional fee for a trout stamp, but I usually go after game and panfish. I'll leave the bass to the "pros", as they're not that good of an eating fish anyway.
Not that I could qualify as a "fisherman", mind you. I never really took the time to go and learn, and now that I'm about retired, my friends have to teach me something about it.

Sounds kinda pitiful, doesn't it? :oops:

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:17 pm

gudmund wrote:!?!opinions?!? not my cup of tea - costs too much in license fees, can waste just as much time sitting in front of the TV for a lot less $$ (and NO I have NO cable.............) :beer:

We like wasting time. Watching that fly work the pool. Watching the water. Looking over our shoulder and thinking about grizzly bears. It's not quite like being couched up in front of the tube.

:applause:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 am

tony.latham wrote:
gudmund wrote:!?!opinions?!? not my cup of tea - costs too much in license fees, can waste just as much time sitting in front of the TV for a lot less $$ (and NO I have NO cable.............) :beer:

We like wasting time. Watching that fly work the pool. Watching the water. Looking over our shoulder and thinking about grizzly bears. It's not quite like being couched up in front of the tube.

:applause:

Tony

The plot sounds more believable than most TV, and I'll bet there are fewer commercials! :lol:
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm

just MY opinion :) - but YES the cost of licenses here in Washington are expensive$$ - they charge for every thing, they have a separate license for everything - example - a few years ago when they started requiring clam licenses for digging clams, I did not need a license to dig clams in front of my house being we - the land owners own our tide flats but now we even have to have a license just to dig a clam - but there is NO clam limit for us like there is for digging on public tide flats (am sure that will be next). I see people getting their licenses and they are paying upwards of $75 to $100 yearly and when I look at the rules and regulations - forget it!! (you can fish on this inch, but not on that inch of this or that river :? - you need to have the 'book' with you at all times just to stay legal) . I will just stay out of everybody's way and let anybody that wants to pay the $$ to fish. I don't even eat fish as it is - just not for me!! But I can sit and watch if I'm in the mood - it's like were I live - I love living next to the water, but you will never see me on the water....... take care, stay safe and Good Luke fishing!!!!! :thumbsup: :beer:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Rainier70 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 pm

We camped and fished in Idaho and Wyoming from mid June to early October. It was worth every dime.

We were in a cargo trailer rather than a teardrop.

Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:46 am

slowcowboy wrote:I grew up in lander Wyoming with a fishing pole in my hand eating Hereford cows i really don't even know how to hunt...after years of brook trout the name of the game is go for the big rainbows the big browns and try to go on a road trips to new fishing holes...even perch are starting in my midlife crises to get boring...so I am thinking about trying my hand at fly fishing and diffrent stuff than my normal spinning rod and a,worm....so with hot spots like the north Platte by casper and mircle mile ...pinedale..and even Saratoga,... my mind is on cheap 20 buck tent spots in camp grounds with my teardrop. New restraints to try in new towns..and new fishing holes,..and 2 or 3 day trips just to fish..even powder river pass,and bigger brook trout by ten sleep looks appealing ...fishing to me i find is way cheap even for a good fly rod compared to buying a hunting rifle a scope or a range finder.....and i dont have to draw a fishing permet its only 27 bucks or 38 and i can fish year round...slow...

Well spoken, Slow.

T
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm

slowcowboy wrote:So, how many on the forum are guys who go fishing and use there tear drop for fishing trips???..Slow

I am a new to a few things, First post and haven't got but a 5' X 10' frame so I have not used mine for fishing Yet.
When / If I figure out the boat; One place I will travel to is the Flaming Gorge driven by it, never fished it but I am die hard Kokanee, :twisted: (Twisted Lines)
And that Is one place there are big ones.
Can you still pull doubles there? :lol:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GeekFisher » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Kayak angler here...

Trout in the Spring and Bass rest of the year. I keep trout but C&R bass. I planned a rack on my future teardrop so I can bring the yaks along :)
GeekFisher
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TomMaj » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 pm

I've been fresh water fishing for :shock: Half a Century :shock: .. Mostly from shore, or with waders fly-fishing. I recently discovered kayak fishing a couple years ago and take the TD and kayak (and wife and dogs) to plenty of PA and MD state parks.
Attachments
kayak fishing wv 02.jpg
kayak fishing wv 02.jpg (150.8 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
td_car_kayak_02.jpg
td_car_kayak_02.jpg (258.6 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
TomMaj
Teardrop Inspector

Postby VinceEC » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:11 pm

I always fish when i go camping!! up here in montana it is a sin not to fish !!lol i have a 9 ft pontoon with a 30 pound thrust motor so I can enjoy the lake fishing when the streams are too high in spring runoff. a few years ago wife and i were td camp at Beartooth lake and before i took the pontoon out of the water i ask her to take it out for a spin..... she did... when she finally came back she asked me "why didn't you get a two seater??" I explained that I had paid extra for the one seater..... oops wrong answer!! lol
:D/Users/errolvincent/Desktop/DSC03466.jpg
VinceEC
Teardrop Inspector

Postby twisted lines » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:20 pm

I keep getting closer & keep getting more projects, but I did get a tiny replacement for my old boat, I need to make my little 13ft boat fishable but it can never replace my old one, little one is just not going to fit on the rack like I wanted but still looking & trying to find one that will work for a gimp.
How I use to rough it :( No more big fish.
Attachments
Fishing.JPG
Fishing.JPG (98.19 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby saltydawg » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:01 pm

I am the world worst fisherman. I dragged a line around the chesapeake bay for 2 years behind my sailboat and never caught a single fish. Did a delivery of a sailboat from tampa to the chesapeake, had a line in the water from the keys to the mouth of the bay, not a single fish.

Last time I went to the store to buy fish I walked out empty handed.

okay that last part is joking. the first section is true.
Scott
Lost in Maryland
2021 just said to 2020, hold my beer and watch this.
saltydawg
500 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion