Photos from phone to furom?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Photos from phone to furom?

Postby lfhoward » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:29 pm

I host my photos on postimages.org and link to them in my posts using the img tool. Postimages has a mobile friendly and super easy interface for uploading photos and copying their links. And it’s free.

I know the potential con is if postimages ever decides to not be free or go under, my links will break. But on the upside, they’ve been around for a long time and hopefully won’t pull a photobucket on us...

The big pro for me is I am active on several forums (this one and some for my Jeep) so I can have a central place to store everything. I can link to the same photo in different forums.
My off-road camper build on an M116A3 military chassis:
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62581
Tow vehicle: 2008 Jeep Liberty with a 4 inch lift.
lfhoward
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby edgeau » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:55 am

I find Tapatalk far easier as it does all the sizing for me. The old way I would have to process each photo to make it small enough to upload.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
edgeau
500 Club

Postby friz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:04 am

Tapatalk for me too. I use the free version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby John61CT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 pm

lfhoward wrote:I host my photos on postimages.org and link to them in my posts using the img tool. Postimages has a mobile friendly and super easy interface for uploading photos and copying their links. And it’s free.

I know the potential con is if postimages ever decides to not be free or go under, my links will break. But on the upside, they’ve been around for a long time and hopefully won’t pull a photobucket on us...

The big pro for me is I am active on several forums (this one and some for my Jeep) so I can have a central place to store everything. I can link to the same photo in different forums.
All same here but I trust IMGUR instead.

Lots of helper apps for every platform.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby crttaz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:45 am

John61CT wrote:
lfhoward wrote:I host my photos on postimages.org and link to them in my posts using the img tool. Postimages has a mobile friendly and super easy interface for uploading photos and copying their links. And it’s free.

All same here but I trust IMGUR instead.

Lots of helper apps for every platform.

Except imgur has a reputation of blocking websites from using their photos because they have a "for sale" section.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion