Watching TV, Mounting?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Watching TV, Mounting?

Postby Tomterrific » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:42 am

I bought a small TV to take with us. We really don't use it very much but I want to take extended trips when my wife retires. I would like to mount the TV so it sits against the wall when traveling and swings out for watching. I would also like the TV to swing 180* so it could be watched inside or out the back. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Re: Watching TV, Mounting?

Postby GPW » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 am

Get one of those cheap swing away TV mounts … we got one for our Trailer TV that we use in our kitchen too … < $25 :thumbsup:

Check out Parts Express , they have some good deals ( where I got mine )
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby AllenS » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 pm

I found a nice, little 12 volt, 19 inch LED TV that got good reviews on Amazon. I mounted a RaspberryPi to the back of it, to act as a media center, so we can watch movies off of a USB hard disc, or stream things if there is a wireless connection handy. It worked really well for us last summer.

When I built the teardrop, I used 2x2's for the frame in the ceiling, but put in a single 2x4 over the cabin, to hold this TV. A $5 tie-down strap from the hardware store holds it in place while traveling. I'm sure you could rig up something similar to mount it to a wall.

AllenS
Teardrop Builder

Postby Tomterrific » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks for the ideas. I have never mounted a TV to a wall but I know mounts are available. But I did not know about the ceiling mount or that a mount was made to swivel 180°. I could mount it to the hatch like Allen or to the wall like GPW. Now all I need is a light TV mount, I will check around as I really don't want to make my own with boards and hinges.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby noseoil » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:26 am

Our TV mounts against the bulkhead between the cabin & galley. It's on a standard bracket which is turned 90 degrees for the space we had to work with. The door panel under the bracket is for access to the wiring area behind the PD4045. Works OK & swings out of the way to get to the wires (lots of them).

Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion