Looking forward to the 2nd summer with the home built Benroy

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Looking forward to the 2nd summer with the home built Benroy

Postby AllenS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm

We're gearing up for another fun year with the tear drop. Hoping to get out again in March, if the weather cooperates.

I've got a small to-do list that I'll be starting on this weekend:
- Install a drop-in propane stove. Last summer we used the old, trusty Coleman stove.
- Add a second 5 gallon water tank. We could make it about two days on the one, more is always better.
- Add some more lighting in the galley. We found that the one light I put in just wasn't quite cutting it.
- The aluminum on the driver side is a bit wonky, so there is a slight bubble toward the back. Going to fix that.

Our vacation is the first two weeks of July, and we'll be making a big circle down through Wyoming, Utah and Arizona, then back up the coast. Hoping to hit the Farm Gathering in Kalispell, in late July, since that's only two hours away from us. Still waiting to hear more details on that as it gets closer.

Other than that, we're going to be out as many weekends as possible. We're both pretty excited.
AllenS
Teardrop Builder

Re: Looking forward to the 2nd summer with the home built Be

Postby Vedette » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:07 am

AllenS wrote:We're gearing up for another fun year with the tear drop. Hoping to get out again in March, if the weather cooperates.

I've got a small to-do list that I'll be starting on this weekend:
- Install a drop-in propane stove. Last summer we used the old, trusty Coleman stove.
- Add a second 5 gallon water tank. We could make it about two days on the one, more is always better.
- Add some more lighting in the galley. We found that the one light I put in just wasn't quite cutting it.
- The aluminum on the driver side is a bit wonky, so there is a slight bubble toward the back. Going to fix that.

Our vacation is the first two weeks of July, and we'll be making a big circle down through Wyoming, Utah and Arizona, then back up the coast. Hoping to hit the Farm Gathering in Kalispell, in late July, since that's only two hours away from us. Still waiting to hear more details on that as it gets closer.

Other than that, we're going to be out as many weekends as possible. We're both pretty excited.

We look forward to meeting you at the Farm Gathering...Sandi and I have hosted it the past 5 years here in B.C., but hope the move to Montana
attracts some new faces! :thumbsup:
Info is listed on the Tear Jerkers Forum
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
PNW Tear Jerkers Directors
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 am

Hoping to get out again in March, if the weather cooperates.

The earliest camping along the Montana/Idaho border --as far as I'm concerned-- is at Corn Creek on the Salmon River. It's 3,000' elevation makes for early green grass and flowers. Not too big of a jump from Missoula to the end of the road below North Fork. Perhaps 3 hours? There's a great little USFS campground that should be lonely and if you catch it during the week it'll probably be empty.

These pics are from April 8th, 2016.

Green is good. :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Kalispell, Mont. "Farm Gathering" 25/28 July19 just a few miles west of Kalispell about a mile north 'paralleling - east/west of Hy2 on - Two Mile Dr. - no address # needed - just pull in when you see the "Nash" Landmark ............... 157385
gudmund
500 Club

Return to General Discussion